Holiday Special

Hello everyone and welcome to this year's Holiday Special! First of I want to wish everyone a happy holiday what ever holiday you celebrate. Second I want to give a huge thank you to all of you wonderful readers that have read this story to this point. Devil's Grin wouldn't be what it is without you guys. Thank you all so much.

Our next order of business is to let everyone else thank you. First up is our favorite D.

"Thank you all for listening to my story. It means a lot to me that the truth is finally going to be revealed. And it means a lot to John as well. I know he'd love you guys. Later on we will be having a little competition in preparation for the future. As part of my thanks the winner of the competition will receive this fine devil fruit to use as they please." A table rolls out with a mysterious blue fruit covered in gold stars sitting on it. "This fruit gives you the power of the stars and up to a certain level will extend your life exponentially while also giving you other benefits. Happy games!"

That's quite the amazing gift. Thank you very much for preparing that prize. We can actually start that competition now. The competition is actually a two part competition. The first part I want to know your opinion about this story. How do you like the characters I've introduced so far and which one is your favorite and why. Second I want you guys to create a character for my story that will be connected to D from his past. Give me a back story of how they met as well as some characteristics and skills of this character. You can give them any abilities and personality you want. The most interesting or most completed character will be used in my story as well as I will in the future do a side Story that goes into more detail on this characters life and what led up to where they're at now. I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with. Also to be fair this competition will go until April 1st. If you want to make a character after that your free to but you can't win the super awesome fruit.

Next we have D's daughters who have also prepared gifts for you.

First we have Tranquility.

"Thank you all for listening to my father's story. It has pained my heart for centuries that he has been wrongly given this lot in life. Since there is a competition to win I will give two gifts. The first gift will be an award to win." A gold flute appears in the air. "This flute will charm any beast of the sea no matter what the circumstances as well as allowing you to give commands to the charmed beasts. It also has a calming effect and can be heard from miles away no matter what volume you play at.

My second gift is sadly a simple gift. My heartfelt thanks and the promise that if you ever need help I will always be there. Whether it is an ear to listen to your sorrows and needs or help in an adventure in some far off world. Sadly I can't enter your world to give help. But as I said, I can always listen when an ear is needed."

That's a pretty cool prize. So far that Mae's a devil fruit and a flute that gives you powers over sea creatures. Also for Quil's second gift that goes same for me. I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Next we have Tempest.

"I'm not gonna thank you guys. I could care less if you listen to some story full of lies. I already know what he did and I'll never forgive him." (Everyone in the room stares at her) "Fine! I'll add to the prize. Here's a storm bag for you guys. It can contain a single storm inside that can be released at will. It also can suck a storm inside if empty. I hope you get sucked in with the first storm you try to catch. It ain't easy."

That's a pretty cool bag. And she might seem mean but she really is nice once you get to know her. *lightning strikes nearby* See what I mean? She could have hit me but chose not to. Nice. *thunder- Let's move onto our next character Current."