Finding a Cook and a Doctor

This chapter took me for ever and had tons of words. 3700 to be exact. I'm too tired to do much of an authors note. Enjoy. Tell me what you think. Vote pls.

The Devil opened his eyes as the spray from the ocean kicked up into the air. He looked about him judging where he was, realizing that he was on an outcropping of rocks in the middle of the ocean, South Blue by the taste.

"Have you seen a ship boy!" A skeleton of a man sat before him, a large sack of gold spilled out beside him. "If not stay on your side. Don't make me repeat myself, I've not the energy."

The Devil approached him. Placing himself before the man to find he knew him. "Well if it isn't 'Red Leg' Zef. I think your a little young to be calling me boy." He chuckled.

"Oh it's you." Zef huffed. "I'd spit on yah if I had any, sorry." His shoulders seemed to slump further.

"Is that any way to treat someone who could save you?" The Devil pretended to be hurt.

"I wouldn't want to be saved by you even if you would do it." Zef sighed. "I don't like owing anything to anyone."

The Devil nodded at that. He could understand, especially when it came to him. Life wasn't easy for those who owed the Devil. "I'm assuming your not alone from what you said earlier. Who else is here?" He asked.

"Just some squirt who got washed up here with me." The Devil could here the care in Zef's voice even though he had tried to hide it.

"You saved him didn't you." The Devil pointed out.

Zef looked up into the sky. "Yes I did."

"Why?" The Devil asked. "Your rumored to be merciless. Why save him?"

"He wants to find the All Blue." Was the quiet answer he received.

"Her 'back yard' huh." The Devil said wistfully.

"Yah." Zef smiled. "That's why I saved him. Much good it did him though." His mood darkened.

"Can he cook?" The Devil asked.

"He worked in the kitchen for the ship he was on." Zef shrugged. "As far as if he can cook, how should I know."

"I'm looking for a cook to join a crew, though not for a few years at least." The Devil explained. "Seeing as you don't want to make a deal, will you teach him to cook if he chooses to make one with me?"

"Sure. I got nothing better to do now anyways." His back straightened at the thought of a new purpose. "But only if he agrees. We'll both die if he doesn't."

"Agreed." The Devil smiled.

"Crap. You got me." Zef chuckled.

"It's me." The Devil gave a bow. "I always get a deal when I want one."

"Just go to the boy already." Zef husked. "He should be on the other side watching for a ship."

"I'll be on my way then." The Devil gave another bow. And began making his way over to where the boy was supposed to be.

Sanji sat there watching the ocean, hoping against all odd that a ship would come in site. It had been three days since he had gone to the other side of their little island. He still couldn't wrap around his mind the fact that the pirate Zef had given all the food to him. The only thing he had eaten in that entire time was his only leg. What would cause someone to sacrifice so much for a complete stranger? Sanji couldn't understand.

"A restaurant huh?" He said to himself. "I think I would like that." For the old man he would make it happen, if the lived that is.

"How's it hanging kid." He swung his head around in surprise. Sitting behind him was a man in wearing a cloak. He could not quite see his face, but one of his eyes seemed to glow eerily.