The Makings of a Crew

Welcome to the second chapter of Devil's Grin. I'd like to first thank everyone that has read the first chapter so far. It's nice to know people are at least looking. Also if like to ask for a few comments to see what people are thinking so far. And I want to apologize for the shortness of the chapters so far. one and two should really go together. But I wanted the suspense to build. So enjoy!

Oh yah Oda owns one piece kk.

<>~>~<<~

Luffy sat in the woods outside of the village crying to himself. It was his fault that Shanks had lost his arm. He should never have wanted to become a pirate. Then Shanks would still have his arm. "I just wanted to be a pirate."

"So it was a snot nose kid this time, huh?" Luffy looked up to see a weird man wearing a dark cloak, all that could be seen of his face was a single eye that seemed to glow and his mouth that was curled up into a big grin.

"Who are you?" Luffy asked.

"I'm the devil come to make you an offer." The man said, his face maintaining that grin. "You said that you wanted to be a pirate?"

"I don't now. Shanks lost his arm cause of me." Luffy responded.

"What are you talking about?" the man asked him so Luffy told him what happened.

"Sounds like you owe him huh." the man laughed. "I think I know the best way to repay him."

"You do?" Luffy asked.

"Of course! From what you said he cares for you deeply. So obviously to repay him you should follow in his foot steps and become a pirate like him. Only go a step further by surpassing him." the man explained. "A man is truly happy when those he watches over surpass him."

"How do I surpass Shanks?" Luffy asked.

"Why by becoming the King of the Pirates!" the man threw his arms out. "And you kid have what it takes. Almost, get stronger kid. We got a deal?" he offered his hand to Luffy.

"Wait, a deal?"

"Yah. I'll help you become king of the pirates and in return you give me your soul." the Devil stated calmly.

"What!? I don't want to give you my soul!" Luffy shouted.

"Come on." The Devil said. "Do it for Shanks."

"For Shanks?" Luffy thought about Shanks arm. "Ok I'll do it." Luffy grabbed the offered hand. "Aaghga!?" He screamed as his shoulder began to burn. He looked at it as it still glowed a dull red. There was a mark, like a brand, burned into his arm. A skull on crossed bones grinned back at him. It had a cowl like the Devil's and one eye was glowing red.

"Wonderful!" The Devil grinned even wider. "Spend a few years getting stronger before going out to sea. In the mean time I'll be finding some crew mates for ya. What kind of members do you want." He asked.

"Crew members? First I need someone strong for a first mate. Maybe a swordsman. A navigator, a sniper, a cook, a doctor, a musician, a ship wright, and somebody really smart." Luffy grinned as he imagined all the fun adventures they would have.

"Only eight people?" The Devil asked.

"Yah. but they got to be strong, the strongest." Luffy shouted, grabbing his arm and doing a 'I'm strong' pose.

"Strong. Right." The Devil sweat dropped. "Go tell Shanks the good news."

"Alright!" Luffy grinned and ran off towards the sea where the pirates were getting ready to embark.

The Devil watched him reach the docks shouting to their captain. The red head turned to him and the Devil grinned, he thought he recognized the name Shanks.

"Well," He said turning away. "time for me to get started on that crew." he closed his eyes concentrating, this ability was one of the harder ones to use in his current state. Eyes still closed he took a step, thinking of a swordsman.

\€|£~¥<\£]^\€|£

So, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. It's not easy doing all caps on an iPod. So I decided I like fives and tens. So putting those together makes 50 so when I have 50 views likes or comments, whichever comes first you guys get a double chapter update in one week. (I'm doing an update every week for the time being. I don't have to get up at five and milk cows so you guys get more of me.) I promise the next chapter is going to be much longer, trust me lost of stuff happens that is important for lator. I spelt it that way on purpose. Sounds cooler. Can't wait to see how quick I get my requested fifty. Got to get ready for slc trip. Make it every week. *slouches with exhaustion* but I love it. Great customer interaction. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot. Doesn't work like it does with a keyboard, had to press the o every time.