The Feelings of Our Hearts

"Sorry I couldn't clear that tunnel of yours." Rocky rubbed the back of his head as he apologized to Tranquility. "This is the first time I've found earth I can't manipulate."

"That's ok." Tranquility smiled politely. "It's a unique place so I'm not too surprised."

"Still." Rocky smiled back. "It makes me feel like a failure if I can't accomplish a task for such a beautiful girl."

"I already have someone I like." Tranquility smiled causing Rocky to sweatdrop.

"Right." He said nervously.  "I'll get on the ship."

"Are you sure you won't come with us?" Current asked concerned. Tranquility couldn't blame her. The government wanted all three of them to give an answer in person, even though they had used a video snail to transmit their answer. Tempest didn't want to wait a single second longer than necessary.

"I have a few things I need to finish up before leaving." Tranquility smiled. "Once I'm finished I'll catch up to you guys."

"You better." Tempest bumped her roughly as she walked past to get to the ship. "I won't have Ace dying because of a traitor like you."

"Please don't be like that, Temp!" Current pleaded. She never did like it when Tempest and her argued.

"It's ok Cur." Tranquility used her pet name, and it had the desired effect. Almost instantly Current's worried look softened and a slight smile could be seen. "We may not see eye to eye on many things. But we both agree on the fact that Ace is important to this world. I will do everything in my power to help the two of you bring him home."

"In that case we'll  see you later." Current smiled before running after Tempest. Tranquility couldn't help but feel a pang of nostalgia at the sight. It seemed as if all their lives Current was always chasing after the back of their wild sister.

Once they were off the island she made her way to a secret pool of water hidden away from sight. The pool was supposed to be protected by a barrier that blocked sight with illusions and contact with force. She was concerned whether or not it was still active but hadn't wanted to bring it up with the others around. With the cave entrance leading to their father's prison blocked she had a sense of foreboding that she couldn't shake. If the occupant of that barrier ran wild things could be bad.

It took only a few minutes to arrive where the barrier should be. She also know instantly that it was up when she felt resistance. But, since she was one of the select few with permission to pass through, she wasn't forcibly thrown off the island to a random location around the world. She was relieved to see the barrier still up. It was for the safety of the World as much as for the peace of its occupant. Passing through, the illusion washed away.

A vastly larger island now stood before her, with jungles, mountains, and chains of lakes. Because of the illusion,  most who saw her island only saw a piece of land big enough for her home and the very small mountain that housed her father's prison. But in reality it was ten if not twenty times bigger. She could never quite figure out how large it was. It changed based of inconceivable variables. The mood of the occupant, the time of day, the number of living consciousness inside the barrier, the direction of the wind (The place even had its own weather), and probably many others she had yet to discover. The place was more unpredictable than the Grande Line. It was an existence similar to her father's 'pocket worlds' that he enjoyed so much. Honestly his sense of logic baffled her at times.

"Kingsly!" She called out to the one who resided here. The moment she did the air shook with a mighty roar. The call of Kingsly, the king of the Sea Kings. Yes, the king of the Sea Kings was called Kingsly. Tranquility let out a depressed sigh as she suddenly felt a need to apologize for her father's logic. Not to anyone in particular. Or maybe to everyone. She remembered the words her father had told her when first introducing Kingsly.