A Broken Promise The Heroe's Entrance

Hey guys! My brother let me use his iPod for the weekend and so I spent a bunch of time kicking this long chapter out and even made it extra long to boot. So enjoy, please vote and comment. I really want your thoughts on this chapter. Also let me know what you think of D.

[+]}+<¥]]£

Nami sat in her room drawing maps of several of the seas she had been to while she was away this time. She decided she wouldn't include Ussop's island in any of the maps. It wasn't that she cared about him. Just that she wouldn't wish her situation on anyone.

"Nami." Arlong called her name as he entered the room causing her to jump a little. "We're going to the other side of the island to collect this month's fee for one of the villages over there."

"Fine by me." She waved over her shoulder as she returned to her map drawing. She felt Arlong's presence approach her.

"About that D person that was mentioned yesterday." She glanced at him as he spoke. He looked quite concerned about something. "Are you sure there wasn't anything else of note? Did he try to buy your soul or anything?"

"My soul?" She laughed. "Nope." She put emphasis on the p. She wasn't actually lying since during the time she spent on the ship he hadn't tried to buy her soul or anything. He just would mention that their deal was still on the table. "Though he did want my body." She lifted her hands over her head and assumed a sexy pose. "I don't really blame him though." She laughed again. "Why, do you know someone who goes by D?" She looked at him, hopefully he would tell her something.

"I know of someone, but I don't know the person personally." Arlong looked out the window. "The person I heard about is shrouded in mystery. They say he did the impossible and ate more than one devil fruit. Some say that he is wanted so highly by the government that if someone captured him they would receive a place amongst the World Nobles." He sighed as he turned away and made his way out. "Others say that he was once the ruler of the seas." Nami almost didn't hear that last part.

Arlong!" She heard Hachi calling Arlong from outside. "Everyone is ready to go!" She looked out to see the three leaders under Arlong as well as the fishmen directly beneath them waiting outside.

"I'll be on my way." Arlong said as he went out.

"I might visit home." She called after him. He simply waved as he grumbled that she could do whatever she wanted.

•. •. •. •. •. •. •.

Zoro struggled against the ropes that held him but they were to tight for him to break in his current condition. Which reminded him of the intense burning he felt from the wound on his chest. He winced in pain as he remembered the day before. He hadn't been able to take as deep a breath as he normally would have when he had pushed himself in the water. And holding his breath for so long mixed with the salt burning his wounds made it a very close call.

"Man!" He hit his head against the wall hard enough to make it sting hoping the pain would be able to distract him his chest. "Why is it I always end up in a mess because of that woman." He remembered the incident on Ussop's home island. He was still mad at her for pushing him down the oiled hill.

"Arlong!" He heard a voice shout from outside. "Everyone's ready to go!" After several minutes he heard Arlong come outside and the group left.

"Wonder where their going." He said out loud. He doubted anyone would tell him. He was mostly bored. He had given Nami D's message as he said to. Though the jumping in the pool was his own test. He winced as he breathed in a little to deeply, stretching his stitches. Maybe that hadn't been the best idea. He slowly shifted his body to the center of the room and positioned himself next to a pillar to give himself shade. As he leaned his head against the cool stone he felt a presence enter the room. He kept his eyes closed so that they would think he was sleeping. Hopefully they had a knife or something so he could get out of these ropes.