Promises From a Demon

Here's another chapter! I wanna say thank you to all my readers as well as asked you guys to give me all the support you can this year in the wattys. If you decide to give me your support than please go back through and vote for all of the chapters. Also on a different note.

Team Mystic rules!!!!

Enjoy the story

#*$(^[:*#,÷*"["*

Aisa was sneaking back to the village from her trip above to get some Vearth when she heard a voice she had never heard before, a muffled voice as if from far away or covered. Drawn to the voice she found a cloaked person standing before the statue of their village's ancestor, Calgura. Even standing behind the person she still could not here their voice well. But what she could hear was their emotion.

"Why does your voice sound sad?" Aisa asked causing the person to turn suddenly. Their hood was pulled down low casting a shadow over their face.

"They don't have my favorite cereal here!" The person spoke but they sounded strange. It was difficult to tell if the voice was male or female. And she had no idea what they were talking about. "And what do you mean my voice sounds sad? Even a deaf man could tell I'm as jolly as can be!"

"Your weird." Aisa sweat dropped to which the stranger bowed in thanks. "And I didn't mean the voice from your mouth. I want to know why your inner voice sounds so sad." It was like a switch went off the moment she said the words 'inner voice'.

"You can hear the inner voice, can you?" The strangers voice shifted from masculine to feminine and back again several times making his/her words disorienting. "And you can hear mine even though I'm masking it."

"Is that why it sounds muffled?" She asked curiously. She didn't know why but something told her this stranger was safe. Wiper would be very angry with her if he found her talking to this person. "Also are you a boy or a girl?" She added the question as an after thought. It was hard to decide the gender on her own.

"I'm a Demon." The person grinned with pointy and their eyes glowed red causing her to back up in fright. "Just kidding!" They laughed and the dark ominous feeling vanished. "So what's a kid like you doing running around with Vearth for?"

"How did you know what was in my bag?!" She blurted out before she could really think. "I mean! What are you talking about?"

"From your appearance I can correctly judge you as being of Shandorian descent." The stranger scanned the village. "The homes speak of making do with what you had in order to maintain your customs. You should be somewhere else." The strangers countenance shifted. "Your people deserve better Calgura."

"How do you know that name?!" A man's voice shouted from the far side of the village square. Aisa turned to see Wiper and the other warriors standing there. "Aisa! Get away from the stranger!" Wiper ordered.

She quickly obeyed while giving the stranger an opologetic look. Once away she moved to stand beside Laki. Discreetly Laki took her bag from her do that wiper wouldn't notice her with it later. She mouth a thank you to her to which Laki smiled.

"I asked you a question!" Wiper yelled to the stranger who had been looking at Aisa the whole time. "Answers me!"

"I know that name because you were my friend in your first life." The stranger spoke sadly, his/her voice shaking with sorrow. "I know you made me promise but it's hard to see what has happened because of that promise."

"What are you talking about?!" Wiper shouted angrily. But because Aisa could hear his inner voice she heard something else. Fear?! Wiper was afraid of what the stranger was saying.