The Flower Blooms

Alright everybody! New chapter! Yay! So this chapter is dedicated to @zadzen3 because he/she is the only one who commented on Rose's fruit. And because no one else commented I've put my revenge at the end of the chapter. Enjoy!

$(%>:>=*=% [;>

Rose and Frost were finally finished moving her things after several hours. It wasn't that she had a lot of things that made it take so long but the fact that half the pirates they ran into wanted to fight Frost. So they spent a lot of time trying to avoid other people. Now that they were finished they were on their way to her work to get dinner.

"They've got the best desserts." Rose told Frost. "And the drinks are pretty good too. But the best thing there is their broth." She closed her eyes and imagined what their dinner was going to be like.

"That's good cause I'm hungry!" Frost smiled.

"Hey Hungry." Rose grinned. "I'm Rose.

"Very funny." Frost nudged her jokingly while rolling his eyes. "Let's hurry and get some grub. It's getting real late." He was right. It was almost midnight. She really hoped it wouldn't take long to fix her apartment. Right now she was keeping her work close in a backpack plus a extra change of close just in case.

"Have you made a decision about whether or not to eat the fruit?" Frost asked quietly.

Rose thought about the fruit and the situation she had been witness to before finding it. A part of her had always been fascinated by the life of a pirate. They went where they went and had lots of fun on the seas seeing amazing strange places. But on the other hand they were always hunted by the government and other pirates wanting to add to their fame.

"You don't have to eat it." Frost added. "Just because my dad left it for you doesn't mean anything. You still have a choice." That was something else she wondered. Why did he leave her the fruit? What was so special about her? "Though if you did eat the fruit I could stick around and help you figure it out." Frost kind of mumbled.

"What did you say?" Rose asked hopefully. While they had been moving her stuff they had gotten to know each other better. And she had come to like him. She had found out that he was a solo pirate travelling around trying to discover who his mother was. He also had a brother who was a pirate as well. Hearing his stories of the travels he had already been on made her want to travel herself. And if he asked her to join him she was pretty sure she would.

"Hey guys!" A guy shouted to his buddies. "Some weird guy showed up in town and now Bellamy is fighting one of his crew members!"

"Who's Bellamy?" Frost asked her. "The name seems familiar."

"He's the guy your dad beat up." She answered.

"Oh right." Frost nodded remembering her story. "The one with the devil fruit powers. Let's go check this out."

"You want to go watch the fight?" She asked. She didn't think he was the kind of person who enjoyed fights.

"I want to know who the stranger is." Frost shrugged as he answered. "Unless there is insubordination it's uncommon for crew members to fight. If there was insubordination they would have said Bellamy was punishing one of his crew members. The fact that they mentioned a stranger to the town in a town that is commonly visited by pirates is interesting. Either he has a devil fruit that allows him to manipulate others or he is powerful enough to make people do things out of fear. Both scenarios warrant looking into." He explained.

"I didn't think about it like that." Rose admitted. "I thought you just wanted to watch a fight." She blushed.

"I do like to test my strength like every guy out there but that doesn't mean I enjoy violence." Frost laughed. "Actually I tend to take after my dad and prefer a theatrical flare to my actions. We're both kind of a show off." He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "Shall we go take a look?" He gestured before him down the street the group of men headed down before while offering his arm.