Who Wins and Who Loses

I'M STILL ALIVE!

What are you doing D?

ANNOUNCING TO THE WORLD THAT THIS STORY ISN'T OVER BY A LONG SHOT!

Well you heard it from him. It may have taken a while but I've finally stopped being lazy and finished this chapter. Next chapter should be interesting and hopefully will be faster. Also, 1k votes has been reached!(even though that was 100 votes ago) and our 1000th voter was Amethyst_Heart. And her reward is a dedication to her story of choice. The dedication will be at the end of the chapter. Enjoy the reading.

% [$<÷;/[^[=&÷&#$[

D grinned as Jonathan stared at the chess board. "I can give you an ability to move things with your mind if you want." He teased. "Maybe then you'll make a move."

"I'd think you of all people would appreciate patients." Jonathan countered him.

"Ouch!" D feigned pain. "That was below the belt!"

Jonathan sighed and made his move and stood up. "I've got some fishing to do." He explained with a mischievous grin. "I'll be back. Don't mess with the pieces." He warned as he left the room.

D stared at the board and smiled. He was missing more pieces but he was confident he'd win. After all. He had taken more of the royal pieces then Jonathan had.

Several hours went by and the sun now sat high in the sky drawing closer to lunch time. It was at that time that Jonathan came waltzing back in, a victorious smile on his face.

"What made your day?" D asked curiously.

"Oh." Jonathan studied the board and made his move. "I just recently gained control of two very important pieces."

"Which ones?" His voice was curious but inside he was concerned. Most of the crew could get themselves out if it came to it but some would be stuck. By some he meant the devil fruit users. They became powerless with Sea Prism Stone.

"The swordsman Roanoa Zoro and the sharpshooter Ussop." Jonathan grinned.

"So one of our Knights and one of our bishops." D nodded thoughtfully. Those two would be fine.

"Wouldn't a sharpshooter be more like the castle as a skill set?" Jonathan furrowed his brow confused.

"He's more versatile than that." D grinned. "Besides." His grin took a mischievous look. "I'm more like the castle." Jonathan's brow raised slightly at that.

"Sir." An officer suddenly enter the office saluting, a Lieutenant judging from his uniform. "The Strawhats ship has been docked in a unused repair bay on the west side." The officer looked like he wanted to say more but was uncertain.

"Is there something more?" Jonathan asked.

"There-" The officer paused. "There have still been reports of ghosts on the ship."

"Ghost reports?" Jonathan glanced at D who grinned.

"That's my girl." D chuckled just loud enough for Jonathan to here. Now he would have one more thing to wonder about. It seemed little Mary was doing a good job.

"Thank you." Jonathan nodded. "Go ahead and get some lunch."

"Lunch sounds good." D perked up. "What's on the menu?"

"Inquire if a few dishes may be brought to my office." Jonathan instructed the lieutenant. "Let my wife know we have a special guest today." The lieutenant was confused but nodded.