Ace, Roger, and D

"What do you want?" Ace asked as he looked around at the marines. It very quickly became apparent that they couldn't see or hear their interactions.

"I told Luffy I'd help rescue you soon as you got out of Impel Down. Though its seems he didn't make it to your cell before you was taken out." D shrugged as he sat before him.

"I should have known it was your idea for him to break me out of Impel Down," Ace growled. "I knew I should have told him to break things off with you back in Alabasta."

"You should also know that a deal with me is forever," D sighed. "And it wasn't my idea to rescue you. Even if I didn't agree to assist Luffy would have still done everything to save you, or die trying. At least with my assistance I could manipulate Fate in his favor."

Ace wanted to retort but in the end he couldn't help but sigh as well. Luffy really was that kind of guy. He was willing to do anything for his friends and family. And now that Ace was approaching the end of his life he wish he could tell Luffy that he had saved him all those years ago.

"Will Luffy be ok?" Ace asked. "Will you keep him safe when I'm gone?"

"Is that your official request?" D asked even though he new his response.

"No," Ace sighed. "I already decided not to have anything to do with you or that father of mine. I live my life for Whitebeard. Without him I would have given up and died a long time ago."

"You know he'll come to your rescue as well." D looked him in the eyes. "You have always been loved by your 'family' every moment in your life."

"Do I deserve it?" Ace shook his head sadly. "I should have listened to everyone and not gone after Teach. I only have myself to blame for my death."

D didn't answer him instead it seemed like his thoughts were far away as he stared out to sea. Only he could know just what he was thinking at the moment.

♤♡◇♧☆♤♡◇♧☆♤♡◇♧☆♤♡◇♧☆

"Life is such a wonderful thing, isn't it D?"

D turned away from the sea to look back at Roger who was sitting in a chair beside his lovely wife in the shade of some palm trees. A hammock swayed in the island breeze beside them.

"It must be if a criminal like you can smile so brightly," D chuckled. "The marines almost caught you on that last trip."

"Hahaha, Garp sure has been getting stronger lately." Roger laughed while smiling. "I've been thinking I should let him get the glory for my capture when I turn myself in."

Rouge smiled sadly beside him. Everyone knew it was only a matter of time before he would die from his illness. He had decided a while ago that he would rather turn himself in and go out in style instead of drowning in his own spit as his body failed him.

"You sure you don't want me to try healing you again?" D asked. "I think I know which ability to use this time."

"And risk ending up like Ivan?" Roger chuckled. "No thank you."

At that moment Rouge quietly excused herself. She had a checkup to go to. Roger watched as his cabin boy Shanks walked her down the path towards the town. She was several months along now. It was only these kinds of moments that would make his smile falter for a moment.

"Do you think a child should be held responsible for their parents crimes?" He asked D for the hundredth time.

"Never," D shook his head. "We make too many mistakes our own to be held responsible for others in society."

Roger smiled at that. Becoming a pirate could be considered a mistake, by society anyways. He certainly didn't regret it.

"I want to make a deal with you," he spoke up suddenly.