66• The Arrival of the Corps

Start from the beginning

" Hey! Wait, we're not done here!" But he doesn't even look back to me, and as the festival grows near, i can't seem to ignore the voice telling me to run back.

But I can't go, not yet.

And as my mind continues to drift, my feet not allowing me to stop my stalking of Eren, everything halts.

Eren raises his palm to his mouth, and immediately a bolt of lighting strikes down the earth.

He had shifted.

And as the second bolt of lighting comes storming down, I realize someone else had too.

I search for Zeke amongst the battle that had erupted, uncaring for the torment that had been brought. I needed to find him, only he could tell me what to do.

But the world seems to move faster, and with the cowering people rushing past me for shelter and the trembling ground, I can't see anything.

Screams raid the air, the quivering steps of the titans knocking me off my feet. The smoke begins to clear, leaving Eren and the war hammer titan in view. This was the first i had seen his titan form, it's scarier than I had imagined.

His teeth left visible, and his roaring yells leaving me dazed. He continuously punches and kicks the war hammer but, he should have known it would be a loss.

The war hammer had trained alongside Zeke and Reiner, he had even fought with me before. It was an automatic win the moment Eren shifted, perhaps if he thought it through more he would have had a better chance.

Eren steps back, his foot landing meters from me. My breath ceases and all I can do is stay still. That was close, too close.

Zeke was no where to be found, and Eren had just been decapitated by the war hammer titan.

I could fight, and the voice that screamed to me in the back of my head told me to do exactly that. Four years I had been training, and it was me Zeke chose to turn into the shadow titan. I could do it, I could end the mutiny.

Eren would be angry, perhaps he'd even hate me. But I stand with Zeke, he saved me, he enabled me to be here right now. He's my family — not whoever Eren says it is.

It's not Eren, it's not Mikasa nor Armin and it's not-

My mind falls to face that I had drawn over, and over again. Levi was his name. My heart clenched at the thought but, I knew it was all just a game. I didn't know who he was, even despite what Eren said.

Levi wasn't my family, nor was anyone else.

But, as I take my first step forward — allowing my skin to crack and fall away into harsh, black lines down my neck and spine, a zipping sound stops me.

The noise was so familiar, so tangible in my mind. And as my eyes flew up to where it came from, everything seemed to slow. The girl wore a jacket, two wings embedded in it.

I had seen those before, and I still couldn't place them. I tried to recall the memories I knew, but the closest symbols I knew were of the garrison from Shiganshina and that was a rose.

Perhaps If i could see the girls face i would know who she is but, she had already flown off with Eren.

Standing alone, i still don't know where to go. The fight between the titans had ended, and by the screaming and shots from nearby i could tell it had moved elsewhere.

I was certain I was needed for the fight, after all Zeke hadn't been training me for no reason. I slowly raise my palm, letting the power from my scream exert though it and clear a path.

The shadowed lines tighten against my skin as the fight to resist shifting grows. It wasn't time just yet.

" Hanna," a voice calls me back, i i turn around grateful at who stood before me.

" Zeke!" He had shifted into the beast titan, and with his palm laid open, i climb upon it. He raises it to his shoulder, allowing me stand there.

" There's a fight?" He nods, beginning to walk near the loud noises.

" Yes, people from Paradis island have attacked." We near a house, Pieck and the other titan shifters standing ahead of us. Men lay across the roofs in front of them, but I can't see who.

" Can i fight?" I smile, " please, Zeke."

But he nods, a soft and menacing growl leaving him. " Oh you will,"

He looks straight ahead, his eyes pinned to someone I just couldn't see.

" You have a mission you need to complete for me."

I nod, clutching to his hair as he raises his arm, pointing to a man in the distance.

" That short man with the dark hair, do you see him?"

I narrow my eyes, affirming his question.

" Kill him."