Chapter Four: Diagon Alley

Start from the beginning

''I see what you mean now, Hagrid,'' Krinos says.

The four of them walked up to the desk. The goblin took a minute, but he eventually saw they were standing there.

''Can I help you,'' he grumbled.

''I'm 'ere to take young Potter to 'is vault,'' Hagrid tells the clerk.

"It's Potter-Gardna," Harry said for the second time that day, the goblin raising an eyebrow.

The goblin looked over his desk, eyeing the three kids next to the half-giant. He did notice the different type of clothing they wear. Much more different than any witch or wizard in England. But he also noticed the lack of green eyes, which everyone in England thought he had.

''And does Mr.Potter-Gardna have his key,'' the goblin clerk asked, shocking the three mystic souls.

''Must be 'ere somewhere,'' Hagrid mumbled.

After rummaging through his coat's absurd amount of pockets, he pulled out a small golden key. Other things he pulled out looked to be sausages, moldy dog biscuits, and another letter. The goblin took the key in hand, then called over another.

"Griphook shall take you to your vault," the clerk told them.

"I also have this letter from Dumbledore," Hagrid says, handing over the other letter. "It's about 'you know what' in vault 713."

Looking over the letter, he nodded to Griphook.

"Follow me," Griphook instructed.

The four followed the goblin around the clerk desk. They walked through a door, and the light almost completely went away. It was so dim and dark that you could barely see two feet in front of your face. Griphook carried a lantern with him as he hung it at the front of a black car.

When their eyes adjusted, they were just in time to stop themselves from falling over the edge. They saw a nearly bottomless cavern with metal rods for the carts to move on. There were torches on the walls in random places, making the whole cavern very dim and dark. The cavern as a whole looked like a dark version of the Mount Everest ride at Disney, only ten times as big. The three siblings were slightly afraid that they'd fall into the abyss below.

''I've never been a big fan of roller coasters,'' Melody mumbled nervously as they all climbed into the cart.

"I have a feeling I'm to get very si...AAAAHHH," Krinos screamed as the cart jetted down the track.

The cart dived, rose, and swerved around the track. Melody was right to compare it to a roller coaster. But this one was worse than anything from Six Flags, Disney, or Universal put together. In fact, as they rode, Harry and Krinos could have sworn that their sister was turning a little green. Harry, on the other hand, was just about having the time of his life. Soon, they came to a stop in front of a big metal door. Griphook took out the small key he got from Hagrid. He unlocked the vault.

When the vault door opened, the three were mildly impressed by the size of the money piles. They were taller than all three of them. There was plenty of gold coins, a little less of the silver coins, and the bronze coins were the of the smallest amount. Krinos couldn't help but whistle at the height of the gold piles.

"That's a lot of gold," he said.

"I've seen the jewel piles of our vault, but this is nice too," Melody says. "Just not as shiny or sparkly."

"It definitely isn't the family vault," Krinos said.

"Huh," Harry 'duh'ed.

"This is probably just a trust vault," Krinos explained. "A family vault would have more than just money. There would also be heirlooms, furniture from old houses, any weapons or armor, ancient tombs, family spell books, paintings, you get the idea. Everything a family, like the Potters, would have."