Two Weeks - Newt

Trigger Warnings: none

"Where are the other girls? Am I the only girl?" Teresa asked. 

"No. There was another girl before you." Newt said, a frown instantly forming on his face at the thought. 

"What happened to her?" Teresa asked. 

"We don't know." Alby said. "She was a Runner."

"Could you please explain this to me?" Teresa asked kindly, looking between the two boys. Minho, Gally, and Thomas also joined into the conversation. 

"We don't like to speak of it." Gally said. 

"Oh. What happened though? All you told me was she was a Runner." Teresa pressed.

Minho sighed, looking at Newt. His face was extremely sad, remembering what had happened. He just nodded to Minho, sitting down on the ground along with Thomas. Everyone joined and sat down, all looking grim at the thought. 

"She was a Runner, like Minho and Thomas." Gally started. 

"She was amazing. She was smart, fast, and creative. We didn't want her running the maze alone but she proved herself worthy." Minho added on. 

"So we let her. She was fine the first month, but a few weeks ago something happened to her." Alby joined in. 

"She never came back. The doors closed and she never made it back. We searched her section the next day, but nothing. It was like she disappeared." Thomas said.

"It was strange, there was no way she could have got lost, and she has outsmarted grievers before. What she could do was-" Newt was cut off by a scream, and he turned around.

There you stood, bloody, bruised, and a bad limp. Newt got up and broke into a run, his limp noticable as he reached you. What had happened was crazy. It was a miracle you were alive, you had the small amount of food and water you were living off of those two weeks you were trapped in the maze, and to make it worse, you could barely walk. 

"Y/N." Newt breathed, looking at you. "You're alive."

"Clint! Jeff!" Minho called out, running over to you two. He hugged you, being careful not to hurt you. "How?" He asked. 

"I'll explain later." You got out. "It hurts so bad." You whispered to Newt. 

"I know love. Sh, it will be okay. Clint and Jeff are coming over here and they are going to help you. Did you get stung?" Newt asked. 

"No, there were some close calls though." You whispered as Newt picked you up, carrying you to Clint and Jeff. 

"Okay Y/N, we are going to bring you to the Homestead to check and make sure the injuries are not severe. You are going to be on bed rest." Clint said. You nodded, your eyes starting to get droopy. You then fell into an abyss of darkness.

*****

"When will she wake up?" You heard your boyfriend ask. 

"Soon I think. She's probably exhausted after being in the maze for two whole weeks." Clint said. 

Your eyes fluttered open, and you looked around the room. You were bandaged up, and your whole body ached. You groaned softly, trying to get Newt's attention. He turned around and smiled slightly when he saw you were awake.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Newt asked. 

"My whole body is in pain." You groaned. 

"Clint?" Newt asked. 

"You had some really bad bruises and cuts. I'd say bed rest for at least a week and I wouldn't put you back in that maze for a few months if you even want to go back in. I'll leave you two alone now." Clint said, heading towards the door. 

"Thanks." You said to Clint. 

"No problem Y/N. Great to have you back." With that, the door closed. 

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" Newt asked. 

"I was on my way back and I saw a griever. I got occupied with it and the doors closed. I survived the night and I was going to go back to the Glade but the way the walls moved, I was trapped. I was chased by so many grievers, fell so many times, there were a few close calls." You said, shaking a little from the memory. 

"I'm just glad you're okay. I didn't think you made it." Newt said, a few tears forming in his eyes. 

"I'm here now. Where's Minho?" You asked.

"Out in the maze. Actually, he may be back by now. Do you want me to find out?" Newt asked. 

"Yeah. I need to talk to him." You said. 

"Okay. I'll be right back, love." Newt said, kissing you quickly before leaving the room to go get Minho. You needed to talk to him about the maze. Newt came back in a few minutes later with Minho. 

"Y/N, you're okay." Minho said.

"Of course I am slinthead, did you loose faith in me?" You joked. 

"No one's ever survived more than a night in the maze, let alone two weeks." Minho replied. 

"Yeah." You said. 

"I'm just glad that you're okay. This one right here was a mess, wouldn't do anything the first week. I'm sure he's really happy you're back." Minho said, placing his hand on Newt's shoulder. 

"I'm sorry Newt, I didn't mean to scare you." You whispered, looking at Newt, eyes tearing up. You caused him a lot of pain. 

"No Y/N, it's okay. It's not your fault, love. Please don't cry." Newt said, sitting down on the side of the bed and wiping away the few stray tears coming out of your eyes. 

"I put you through so much pain." You said.

"And you also went through a lot of pain out there, more than me." Newt said, looking at you. "Plus you're fine now." 

"So what was it you wanted to talk about?" Minho changed the subject. 

"I still want to run." You said, looking between Newt and Minho, both of their eyes widened. 

"Y/N, I'm not sure if that's the best idea." Minho said. 

"I could run with you." You said. 

"Y/N, please don't. I don't want to have to worry about something bad happening to you again. You can work with me." Newt suggested. 

"Okay Newt, but after I show Minho what I found." You said, catching both of their attention. "One more day in the maze when I'm better to show Minho what I found, then I will work with you Newt." 

"Fine, but only one day, and you and Minho aren't running just the two of you, Thomas is going as well." Newt said. 

"Okay." You said, kissing Newt quickly and hugging Minho.

"See you soon shank." Minho said, walking out. 

"I'll bring you dinner." Newt said, kissing you again before leaving you alone in the room to think.