three

[three: she turned up in a wedding dress]

"Genevieve?" Edmund asked, his eyes fixated on the beautiful girl who stood across the deck who had tears in her eyes as she looked at her husband.

Genevieve didn't know what came over her as she ran at Edmund and immediately embraced him as tears fell from her cheeks, the Pevensie boy picking her up and swinging her around lovingly before he placed a much needed kiss to her lips - many of the crew members watching with soft smiles at the pair. Edmund placed his wife down for a moment as they pulled apart from their kiss, Genevieve's hands immediately interlocking behind his neck as he placed one of his on her waist and another on her face as he wiped her tears away.

"I can't believe you're here," Genevieve whispered with a smile as Edmund wiped away a few tears. "I lost hope for a moment."

"Well you can't have an adventure in Narnia without me." Edmund said cheekily and the girl only smiled as he kissed her again, unaware of the glaring boy who was soaking as he tried to dry his hair with a towel.

"Well this is sweet but I appear to have been forgotten," Ron stated as he dried himself off before looking at the Pevensie children with a smile and opening his arms. "bring it in."

"Ron!" Lucy squealed happily as she embraced the boy who wrapped his arms around her lovingly before they pulled apart - Lucy pouting as she looked at him. "You're taller than me, this isn't fair."

"Hi Lu, I've missed you best friend." 

"I've missed you too." Lucy whispered truthfully before Ron looked to Edmund who looked at the boy with a teasing smirk.

"Who are you and what have you done with little Ron?" Edmund asked and Ron placed a hand over his chest and gasped dramatically for effect as he mocked offence on his face.

"Little? I'll have you know I was average height for my age back then." Ron stated before the older boy pulled him into a hug. "Missed you lad."

"How long have you two been here?" Edmund asked as he walked back over to Genevieve and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, the girl cuddling into his embrace.

"A few days, we've just settled in." Genevieve stated as she smiled warmly at her husband who smiled in return.

"I must look a mess." Edmund whispered in embarrassment before a crew member overheard their conversation as he walked by.

"You're looking better than she did, she turned up in a wedding dress." The crew member said and Edmund felt Genevieve flinch at the words and he frowned as he tried to look at her but she refused to meet his gaze.

"What?" He whispered before a loud commotion could be heard on the other side of the ship where Reepicheep was sat upon Eustace who was screaming at the mouse and scrambling in panic.