eleven

[eleven: You have got to be joking]

"What food did you find?" Caspian asked his men after he had safely got Genevieve onto the Dawn Treader - her safety being his most important priority in the moment due to the guilt he felt after what happened earlier. Rhince turned to him suddenly, the food they had collected looking smaller than the King had hoped but nevertheless it was essential.

"It's volcanic, your Majesty. Not much grows." Rhince explained and Caspian nodded as his eyes set on Lucy for a moment, watching as the girl looked around in confusion.

"Where's Eustace?" She asked as she looked around again, Caspian doing the same as there was no sight of the boy.

"I believe he's out, not helping us load the boats." Reepicheep stated and Lucy shared a look with Ron who shrugged his shoulders at the girl.

"I looked a while ago and couldn't find him, seems to have wandered off." Ron explained and Lucy's eyes widened for a moment - that can't be good.

"Eustace! Eustace! " She screamed but there was no answer.

"Sweetheart, where are you?" Ron screamed as well, the lack of response his answer as a rumbling shook the ground of the shore they were on.

"Edmund, I've got a bad feeling." Lucy admitted and Edmund only nodded to his sister as he wiped his sword and placed it to his side.

"I'll go find him." He stated and Caspian and Ron shared a look and they nodded.

"I'll come with you." Caspian nodded and Ron smiled lightly as he placed his own sword to his side.

"Me too."

+++

"Sweetcheeks!"

"Eustace!"

"Eustace!"

The three wandered endlessly around the island, the boy in question was nowhere in sight and to say the three were worried was an understatement. Ron felt immense guilt for taking his eyes off the boy for once to help load the longboats with food. If only he had continued staring at the boy then maybe he wouldn't have wandered off. Upon walking to a cliff, Ron stopped for a moment as his eyes widened at what he saw.

"Hey, look at this!" Ron said as Caspian and Edmund joined him with frowns on their face.

"Treasure." Edmund whispered guiltily as Caspian turned to him.

"Trouble." He concluded as the three settled themselves down into the treasure cove, their eyes looking for Eustace or any indication that he had been there.

Piles and piles of treasure awaited them at the bottom, gold and rubies and emeralds glimmering in the summer sun as the three walked through - an unsettling feeling in each of their chests. Ron looked skeptically at the treasure, the smell of burning in the air as he looked around for anything to do with Eustace. That was when Edmund found the shoe.