eleven

[eleven: I'm sorry Susan]

There is such sadness in leaving a place of strong love, a place where fond memories grew as fast as the clover in the grass. I know I will savour each memory so strongly that it will almost live once more. I know that the strands of love will keep us together even when we are far apart. I only have to reach out with my mind and there you are, waiting to shower me with the love you always did. But right now it is my time to depart, to do what I was born to do, to make the changes and the sacrifices that are necessary. Don't think that me leaving means I love you less, know that it means I love you more.

After the incident that happened only a mere ten minutes ago, Edmund and Genevieve were still in the same position they were in before they got engaged - cuddling on Edmunds bed in the comfort of each others arms. They were both truly shocked by the response of the engagement to each other, Genevieve shocked most of all that she said yes despite her supposed betrothed marriage to Orion and that Edmund disregarded that fact in the first place. In that split moment where he was down on one knee pouring his heart out to the girl her mind went blank, her heart finally taking control and the iridescent glow in her other rings portrayed that as so.

She was in love with Edmund and to be completely honest, she didn't think anything could every make her fall out of love with him. When she six months ago first admitted to herself that she had an attraction towards the Just King, she had never imagined that it would progress this far into something so utterly beautiful to the eye and the heart. And yet she had realised something from her time with him and looking back on it now she was almost certain that she had liked him a lot longer than those six months and the clues of him liking her back as equally had always been there from the shy looks and red cheeks to the need to be close to another and the two words stay safe being their anchor in times of wrong. They needed each other and Genevieve knew that she would not be able to live without Edmund and the thought of ever leaving Narnia to go back to England frightened her to death because if he left, she would be hopeless - especially if she would have to rule Narnia alone.

"What are thinking about?" Edmund asked her softly as he brushed his hand through her hair as she cuddled further into his chest with a small sigh of content.

"It seems so obvious now." She whispered to him and he turned his head to look at her in confusion. "Our feelings I mean."

"Well I did just literally pour my heart out to you and asked you to marry me, I'm sorry if my feelings weren't clear after that." Edmund retaliated and Genevieve stifled a laugh as she turned to straddle him as she placed her arms around his neck, interlocking at the back.

"What I mean Ed is before that, before we even kissed for the first time."

"Before that?" Edmund repeated and she simply nodded her head at him and he looked at her quizzically. "What do you mean before that?"