twenty-two

[twenty-two: For Narnia and for Aslan!]

Peter looks at the map for a moment before sharing a knowing look with Genevieve who nods at him and he sighs. Soon enough the map he was looking at morphs into the actual battlefield and follows the flight of a Griffin in the sky. It soars towards Edmund and Genevieve who are both in full amour on the rocks above the field, determined looks on their faces as they look at the battlefield in front of them. Then the Griffin soars down to where Peter and Oreius wait on a small mound, in front of the army and Peter is fully armed on a white unicorn as he lets out a shaky breath.

"They come, Your Highness, in numbers and weapons far greater then our own." The Griffin, Gryphon, states and Peter sighs, knowing the war is unlikely to be won.

"Numbers do not win a battle" Oreius states and Peter looks at him with a sad yet determined look.

"No. But I bet they help." He says as he watches the figures marching in the distance.

The Witch's army soon arrives, with way more numbers than Peters and three giants hanging at the back for everyone to see. The Witch rides up onto her own mound in a chariot pulled by Polar bears and she is wearing a chain-mail dress, a gold headdress and Aslan's mane hangs from the headdress causing Genevieve's jaw to clench. The two armies face each other. Peter looks at Edmund on the hill, who nods down to him. Genevieve signals Peter to wait quickly as she turns to Edmund and lets out a sigh.

"I need you to promise me something." Genevieve says to him and Edmund looks at her, a small smirk on his lips at the familiarity of the situation.

"Depends what it is." Edmund repeats what he had said the first time she had asked him to do something for her and Genevieve chuckles slightly as she takes he hand in his, slightly batting her eyelashes at him.

"Be safe." She whispers and a small blush formulates on Edmund's cheeks and Genevieve smiles and kisses his cheek and he smiles. Edmund then draws his sword, followed by Genevieve who drew her as a trumpet sounds, and his army cheers.

"I have no interest in prisoners. Kill them all." The Witch declares and her army cheers as her army advances, Peter gives a signal by raising his sword.

"Go on!" Mr. Beaver shouts as he stood behind Edmund, dressed in full armor that looked heavy on his small figure. Griffins from Peter's side rise in the sky and Edmund's eyes widen as they mimic the air raid back in Finchley by dropping boulders on the oncoming army attack.

"Look to the sky!" Dwarves start firing arrows as boulders fall on the attacking army. Peter turns to Oreius, a fearful look on his face as he lets out a shaky breath.

"Are you with me?" Peter asks him and Oreius looks at him, a small determined smile on his face as he looks at the future king.

"To the death." He declares and Peter nods as he raises his sword in the air.