twelve

[twelve: I'm an idiot]

"I've never seen these constellations before." Edmund admitted as he laid beside Caspian on the shore, the two looking up to the constellations in the sky.

"Me neither." Caspian stated." We're a long way from home. When I was a boy I used to imagine sailing to the end of the world... finding my father there."

"Maybe you will." Edmund whispered and the two shared a smile before Caspian's eyes casted over to Genevieve who was sat involved in a conversation with Ron.

"Have you spoken to her?" He asked and Edmund shook his head.

"No."

"Why not?" Caspian asked as he rose his eyebrow at Edmund, a frown settling on the Just King's face as he looked forward.

"She keeps pushing me away - flinching when I walk past her." Edmund stated before he looked down, his last words a whisper. "Like I'm a monster."

"Ed you may have a frightening temper but you are no monster." Caspian reassured as he looked at his friend with a concerned smile. "You know that she could never think ill of you."

"Then why did she flinch? She knows it was accidental."

"She also has a history of accidents becoming more, with her father and her uncle when she was much younger Ed. It's just traumatic to her that you had hurt her because you were tempted." Caspian reminded him and Edmund sighed before he met Caspian's eye again. "She loves you too much to see you as a monster Ed."

"So what do I do?"

"That's up to you but my first instinct would be to talk to her - not as the Just King or as a swordsman but as her husband Ed." Caspian offered his assistance and Edmund nodded before smiling.

"You're right, always are." Edmund stated before looking at Caspian and placing his heart on his sleeve. "Narnia is lucky to have a King like you."

There was silence for a moment as a smile settled on Caspian's face, before a thought entered his head and his smile widened as he turned to Edmund.

"in regards to your problem, I think I have something that may help."

+++

"I miss my mummy." Gael whispered into the nights, a tear falling from her eye as Lucy turned to her - a soft smile on her face as she looked to the girl.

"I miss mine too." She admitted as she met Gael's eye. "Don't worry, you'll see her again."

"How do you know?"

"You just have to have faith about these things. Aslan will help us." Lucy concluded and Gael only sighed as she turned to Lucy with a frown.

"But Aslan couldn't stop her from being taken."