eighteen

[eighteen: Aslan, please help us]

Whilst Genevieve knelt all alone on the other side of the deck, Drinian was trying to desperately turn the ship - unaware of the fear that flooded across the ship as Lord Rhoop began to jump around in panic, his finger pointing to Caspian.

"Do not think." He shouted, scaring the life out of many of the members of the ship. "Do not let it know your fears...or it will become them."

"Oh, no." Edmund stated loudly as he closed his eyes, his eyes widening as he opened them to see all the crew looking at him.

"Edmund, what did you just think of?" Lucy asked worriedly as Edmund ran to the side of the boat, looking over the edge of the water in fear.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He said panicky as he spotted the scaly body swimming through the water - his breath hitching upon seeing it - then it crashed into the boat. The crew fell but Edmund was quickly to help Lucy up, looking for his wife who was nowhere to be seen.

"Where's Genevieve?" He asked Lucy who only shrugged as she looked around.

"You were the last one with her." She commented and Edmund inhaled.

"Shit." He whispered as he looked around. "Genevieve!"

"Look!" Caspian stated as he looked over the ships edge and saw the monster rise from the water and then plunge itself into it. "What is that?"

"It's too late. It's too late!" Rhoop shouted as he ran around the ship.

"It's gone under the boat!" Someone murmured and Lucy turned, watching as Gael sat on the other side of the ship and her eyes widened.

"Gael!" She screamed as the monster dropped in the sea behind her, Gael also screaming and wishing she'd obeyed orders of staying in her room before Lucy ran over to her and took her hand. "Come here! Run!"

"I'm sorry!" Gael whispered as Lucy held her tight. "I got scared in the room all by myself."

"It's fine," Lucy whispered as she stroked the girls hair. "Just stay close to me."

In the skies above them, the power trio were looking at the Sea Serpent with determined eyes - all three knowing that it was their duty to defeat it from above, though Ron was unsure if he could hold on.

"Don't let me down. No fear. No retreat." Reepicheep shouted and Eustace nodded whilst Ron looked down, noticing his cousin trapped in a corner as she knelt to the floor - no armor left on her.

"Eustace," Ron shouted as he pet the dragon's scales with wide eyes. "Get closer to the ship, Genevieve needs me."

Eustace quickly soared downwards above where Genevieve was, Ron giving the dragon one more pat before he jumped off his back - Eustace growling as Ron landed on his feet next to Genevieve who was trapped as the ship began to deteriorate around her. Ron quickly took her hand and hoisted her onto the main deck, Genevieve helping him up after as he embraced her.