thirteen

[thirteen: it's over Orion]

The two young adults lay naked in the moonlight, waves crashing the shore not far away, Edmund's arm draped over her waist. Genevieve lent in for a kiss, the kind she wanted to last forever, but after a time she withdrew to gaze at the face she loved so much. Edmund glided his hand over her skin to her face, brushing away a piece of hair in her face. 

"Have I ever told you I love you?" Genevieve grinned, he said the exact same thing every time. 

"No, uh uh," she shook her head and fought away the grin that was embracing her face. Edmund's hand had migrated to her hair, pushing it back from her face. 

"Well, I do. And you know what?" Genevieve heard the words before he said them, folding her lips inwards. "I always will." 

As always she dropped her gaze before meeting his, there was an intensity to it, like his love was kerosene and she was his only flame.

"I love you too." She whispered as she up and pressed her soft lips to his again.

Ever since her eyes locked with his, her hand brushed against him, her velvet like voice reached his ear, Edmund knew he would be putty in her hands. He had been in love with her for years unknowingly and ye the still got the same feeling he got when she first told him she loves him back. Her lips against his gave him such a rush that nearly mad him fall over. Each day with her is another day he falls more for her smile, her laugh, her easy-going personality and everything else about her. Not a rewarding climb of a mountain nor a golden medal could make him feel as amazing, as loved, as she makes him feel.

This was true love!

He knew it for sure!

Edmund had been up all night pondering the idea of a soulmate. He had read up on them both in Narnian books and in mythology books back in England. He knew the basis of them, how they were supposed to make you feel. They were the only person who has enough of you to break your heart, they are perfect for you, whether this fact is acknowledged or not. Any man or woman can see their soulmate's flaws. All of them and yet nothing can change their love for them. They make you want to be a better person, to be good enough. And no matter how hard you try, you never will be, or at least you think you won't. Sometimes you love a soulmate, but not romantically. You find a person who can make you laugh, make you question everything, and change you for the better. He read up that when you do find this person, you should cherish them, keep them forever safe in your love. Edmund knew he'd been doing this for a long time.

He thought of Genevieve. Her emotions were not easily hidden on her innocent face. Her pain was evident in the crease of her lovely brow and the down-curve of her full lips. But her eyes, her eyes showed her soul. They were a deep pool of restless gold, an ocean of hopeless grief. As he looked into her eyes he knew, all the beauty of the universe could not even hope to compete with this simple thing: passion. Passion turned her eyes into orbs of the brightest fire, and in them he read clearly that she would fight to the very last tear for her life. She would not let the world break her. Sure she could cry, but she would never let them take her true self from her. She clung to it with passion. Passion that made her absolutely beautiful.