twelve

[twelve: tried]

[twelve: tried]

Edmund walked through the ice encrusted gates through the castle courtyard as the icy wind blew past him as he shivers. He wish he had taken his coat as Genevieve had warned him.As he walks through the courtyard he looks around and sees a variety of stone figures from a Giant Rumblebuffin to a small squirrel on the other side of the room. He walks further in and looks about him at the stone figures. Suddenly he steps on the remains of a fire in front of a stone lion with a pained expression on its face and he smirks as he bends to pick up a charred log which he uses to draws glasses and a mustache on the lion. Poor Aslan must have be captured already, serves him right for disobeying the Queen, Edmund thought as he continued through the courtyard and steps over another stone figure which appears to be a wolf. As he steps over the stone wolf it leaps up and pins Edmund to the ground with his front paws and Edmund's breath becomes heavily as adrenaline pulses through his veins

"Be still, stranger, or you'll never move again! Who are you?" The wold sneered as he opened his jaw and Edmund had full view of the row of sharp teeth he acquired and gulped.

"I'm Edmund! I met the Queen in the woods! She told me to come back here! I'm a Son of Adam!" Edmund pleads and the wolf lets out a slow chuckle and gets off the son of Adam and allows him to stand up.

"Hmm. My apologies, fortunate favorite of the queen. Or else, not so fortunate. Right this way." The wolf says in a sly tone as the wolf directs him to the throne room.

Edmund sighs as he climbs some extremely steep steps of ice, hoping not to fall due to his own clumsiness and due to the slipperiness of the ice itself that Edmund had already slipped on as she walked over. When he eventually makes it up the stairs, letting out a pant as he breathed, he walked towards and into the throne-room filled with smoking dry ice. As they enter, Edmund looks around the room decorated of ice with huge formidable colums an ice rug and even huge ice throne covered in furs at one end and Edmund smiles. He could get use to this. Edmund and Maugrim, which Edmund had discovered the name of the wolf was, walked towards the throne and stopped abruptly in front of it

"Wait here." Maugrim instructed as he walked out of the throne room looking for the queen to tell her of the very unfortunate visitor.

Edmund looks about him before walking up the throne and sitting in it, enjoying the sensation he felt as he sat down feeling like a true king of the world and not just a scrawny boy who gets pushed over. He knew he would like being king, despite the bitter cold that he was sure he would overcome over time and he sighed as he clearly imagined what it would be like to be king. Unbeknownst to him, awaiting at the far corner of the room was Jadis, The White Witch herself watching in amusement as the young son of Adam talks to himself with a distant look in his eye. She slowly walks up the throne on his left,and is still unnoticed by Edmund who is still deep in his wild fantasy.

"Like it?" The Witch asked and Edmund quickly jumps us, startled by the sudden voice that interrupted his fantasy where he imagined Peter doing as Edmund pleased.

"Uh... Yes, Your Majesty." Edmund whispered as he didn't sit down again, not wanting to intrude on the Queen's throne when it was not yet his time to sit there.

"I thought you might." The Witch chuckled before her eyes became slightly stern before Edmund's eyes. "Tell me, Edmund... Are your sisters deaf?"

"No."

"And your brother, is he... ...unintelligent?"

"Well, I think so. But Mum says..." Edmund starts to chuckle before he is interrupted by the witches stern tone.

"Then how dare you come alone?!" The witch screams in his face and Edmund cautiously takes a step back as he whimpers in front of her, now knowing that Genevieve was indeed right and that he shouldn't have listened to her.

"I tried!" Edmund states as he looks at the witch who only glares at him.

"Edmund, I asked so little of you."

"They just don't listen to me!" Edmund whined as the Witch didn't acknowledge him and kept on rambling about how little Edmund had to do.

"You couldn't even do that."

"I did bring them half way. They're at the little dam with the Beavers." Edmund says, hoping that he had just saved the case as he had done part of what the Queen had asked and the Witch sighed before looking at him.

"Well. I supposed you're not a total loss then, are you?" The Witch rhetorically asked and Edmund approaches her again and the Witch gives her a stern look.

"Well, I was wondering, could I maybe have some more Turkish delight now?" Edmund asks politely and the witch smirks as he looks towards Ginarrbrik who is slyly grinning from ear to ear.

"Our guest is hungry!" She says softly before Ginarrbrik walks forward and pulls out a knife before pressing it into Edmund's back causing him to gasp slightly as Ginarrbrik marches him away from the Witch in the throne room.

"This way... " He starts before letting out a wicked chuckle. "...for your num-nums."

After Edmund and Ginarrbrik leave the room, the witch looks frustrated as she lets out a much needed scream of anger before an idea pops into her head.

"Maugrim?" She says as her chief of police appears at the side of the throne and she sends him a smirk. "You know what to do."

Maugrim lets out a deafening howl, summoning the other wolves and Edmund watches them in horror as the wolves burst out from the throne room and towards the dam where his family currently was.

He should have listened to Genevieve.