five

[five: sorry]

[five: sorry]

Love isn't a throwaway emotion, something to invoke on a whim. It isn't transitory like lust or something to regret like anger. When love is allowed to permeate every action, influence every thought, guide every deed, it leads to an inner peace not attainable any other way. It is the light in every dark night, shining brightly into each recess of the mind, healing, igniting passions that would otherwise have died. Love leads the way to being who we were born to be, people who prize peace, dignity and honour, people who find solutions that work for the many instead of the few. Love is what we must hold for one another, especially when tensions are high, for it is the trapdoor in the prison wall, the only one.

It was obvious that a few days after they had kissed that Edmund and Genevieve were unintentionally avoiding each others presence and nobody in the castle of Cair Paravel knew why. Lucy and Peter watched from afar, thinking that their plan had backfired at that the two were no longer on speaking terms when that wasn't the case at all - in fact they were on better terms than they had ever been but neither spoke to each other as they didn't know what to say.

Not only had they kissed once, but they had kissed twice and the two hadn't even spoken about it as they just rode back to the castle and went their separate ways after a soft goodnight was shared between them and from there it was as if it never happened. Genevieve was struggling with it all, she had an unrequited need to see Edmund again and to place her lips onto his again, It was as if after a little taste of his lips she had become addicted and she knew it was wrong, so wrong on so many levels but it was as if she couldn't function without it.

It was as if these feelings she had for Edmund couldn't end until her body ceases to function and her soul is released for whatever comes after. She hoped that somehow they are embedded into my soul, that their odd recognition of love would endure. Even on her dark days in the week her unknowing love for him rode underneath it all, keeping her mind from sinking into the mire that claimed her in the past. She knew that however deep she feared she'd fallen in the last decade, he would always be there like solid ground to steady her, giving her time to climb back into positivity and she didn't understand it. It was as if he was able to momentarily keep her heart together, like a safety pin keeping two pieces of fabric together, as he patched up all her problems until she felt so much better.

Genevieve sighed as she closed her book, knowing full well that she had been reading the same paragraph over and over for the last few hours, and laid down on the grass as she watched the sun slip beyond the horizon. She wanted to speak to him but she didn't know what to say. She needed to apologise, for not telling him why she asked him to kiss her in the first place but the truth is she didn't know how to apologise to him and when she did, tell him why she did it. She couldn't just go up to him and say Hi, Ed. Apologies for asking you to kiss me, it's just so I could evaluate all my options for marriage could she? Genevieve sighed again as she stood up and walked around the castle where she had a clear view of Edmund's clearly broken window (which she may or may not have broken last week) and balcony. Genevieve could see the light was on in his room and she could see a shadow silhouette pacing by the curtains and Genevieve sighed as she picked up some stones off the floor and looked to the cracked part of the window before she threw the stone.