seventeen

[seventeen: i do]

[seventeen: i do]

The Potter girl held the bouquet ready for the ceremony, her hands twinged with sweat. She was nervous. Incredibly so. Her heart ran with legs like a runner. Her eyebrows frowned in worry and impatience. She glanced at the bouquet, knowing full well that as soon as she walked out of those doors she would no longer be Miss Genevieve Potter, but rather on the verge of being Mrs. Genevieve Pevensie of Mr. and Mrs. Edmund Pevensie and to say she was nervous was an understatement.

The dress she wore was hardly traditional but it was something Genevieve deeply loved as it reminded her of who she really was and who she always would be. The gown looked simple but the patterns engraved into the lace of the gown told a story that only she truly understood. It didn't have flowers like many traditional dresses, but the dress had been engraved with the outlines of leaves with a simple silver that also unraveled into the silhouette of a dancing couple that glided across the skirt of the dress as she walked. Upon her head was a hairband, with soft blue sequins decorating the middle of it acting as the blushing bride's something blue for the wedding. All in all Genevieve looked stunning and Lucy found herself gawking over the girl, knowing full well that if Edmund decided against marrying her at the alter that she would step in and marry the girl herself as she was absolutely breathtaking.

Genevieve's mind was on a rampage, nerves dominating her brain as her hands began to sweat and become clammy. Her mind tried to think of a million reasons as to why she shouldn't go through with the wedding but none sprung to mind as she let out a shaky breath - the oxygen leaving her lungs in a shaken demeanor as the nerves rekindle in the pit of her stomach.

Before she knew it, Lucy stood right in front of Genevieve, on her tiptoes to better stare her in the eye, as she gripped her wrists in her hard hands.

"Focus, Genevieve. Edmund is waiting for you down there."

Genevieve took a deep breath, willing herself into composure. The music slowly morphed into a new song and Susan nudged Genevieve carefully causing the latter to stare at her with nervous eyes - the very thought of what was about to happen both exciting her and scaring her.

"Genevieve, it's time." Susan whispered only for Genevieve to stare ahead, shaking slightly as the nerves radiated from her skin.

"Genevieve?" Lucy asked, still holding her gaze.

"Yes," She squeaked.

"Edmund. Okay." Genevieve let her pull her from the room, with Susan tagging along at her elbow. The music was louder in the hall. It floated up the stairs along with the fragrance of a million flowers. Genevieve concentrated on the idea of Edmund waiting below to get her feet to shuffle forward.

"It's my turn," Lucy chimed. "Count to five and follow me."

She began a slow, graceful dance down the staircase. Genevieve should have realized that having Lucy as her only bridesmaid was a mistake. She would look that much more uncoordinated coming behind her.A sudden fanfare trilled through the soaring music. Genevieve recognized her cue.