four

[four: Let go of my wife you little shit!]

Where the sky and water meet,

Where the waves grow sweet,

Doubt not, Reepicheep,

To find all you seek,

There is the utter East

"That's pretty!" Lucy interrupted Reepicheep as he sang into the day - the noble mouse jumping from being startled before turning to the Valiant Queen and smiling.

"oh! Thank you." Reepicheep thanked the girl as a soft smile formed on his features. "A driad sung to me when i was just a materling. I can't divine the meaning but I never forgotten the words."

"What do you think is past Lone islands?" Lucy asked him and the mouse was thoughtful for a moment before he spoke.

"I've been told the furthest east one can sail is to the end of the world. Aslan's country." He stated and Lucy's eyes widened at this, smiling at the thought of the lion.

"Do you really believe there is such a place?"

"We have nothing if we do not believe." Reepicheep said simply and Lucy only nodded with eyes full of wonder.

"Do you think you can actually sail there?"

"Well, there is only one way of finding that out." Reepicheep stated with a smile as he looked at the Valiant queen. "Only hope one day I'd earn the right to see it. Your Majesty."

+++

Everybody was gathered on the deck of the Dawn Treader, watching in anticipating as their eyes flicked between the two rulers who drew their swords to each other. Anticipation was floating in the air around them, captivating every individual as they watched the Eve walk towards the Just King and whisper in his ear.

"Ed," She whispered as she gave him a reassuring smile. "be careful!"

And with that the duel began! The sound of swords clashing and cheers being all that could be heard as the King of Narnia and the Just King battled with smiles on their faces. Genevieve and Ron watched from the side, amused smiles on their faces as they watched the two friends battle it out like old times - times that would never be made up again. Genevieve frowned at the thought, knowing that this time in Narnia would likely be their last as she had no idea what else she could learn from the experience when she had almost experienced everything. Her thoughts were interrupted however when victorious cheering began and both Caspian and Edmund began laughing - noting that the duel was done.

"You've grown stronger, my friend." Caspian complimented Edmund who only laughed as his eyes set on Genevieve who looked over the side of the ship with a smile.

"Seems I have." 

"All right, back to work." Drinian ordered and the crowd of Narnians soon dispersed leaving Edmund, Lucy and Genevieve to stand looking over the edge of the deck at the azure below them.