four

[four: kiss me?]

[four: kiss me?]

"Morning Genevieve." Lucy and Peter greeted the Potter girl the next morning with knowing smiles on their faces as they walked into the training yard to see her practicing her sword skills. Genevieve looked up at the two as she graced them with a smile, before disarming a centaur she was practicing with.

"Take a break Regulus." Genevieve told the Centaur who nodded as he rode away and Genevieve walked towards the two Pevensies with a smile. "What are you two doing here?"

"Aren't we allowed to come and visit you on a fine Sunday morning?" Lucy asked her innocently and Genevieve sent her a look and Lucy sighed. "Susan's looking for you and sent us all on patrol to find you."

"Oh joy." Genevieve murmured before looking at the two. "I love your sister to pieces but she's really going all out on this marriage ordeal and to be honest with you, I want no part in it."

"Then why are you allowing her to carry on? You have a voice Genevieve and its your life and future being put on the line here. Why not just talk to her?" Peter asked Genevieve who sighed as she placed down her sword and shield as she walked with Peter and Lucy back to the castle.

"Because I know she won't listen to me and I don't want to be banished from Narnia for refusing." Genevieve countered and Peter scoffed at her before making her stop.

"Do you really think she'd ban you from Narnia?" Lucy asked and Genevieve just looked at the two and gave them a look.

"Isn't that what she's already doing?" Genevieve asked them before walking away to find Edmund, Lucy running behind her in hopes of catching her before she got to Edmund.

+++

"There you are, God woman you walk fast." Lucy panted as she caught Genevieve in her chambers, reading a book of some sort. "Now what do you mean Susan is already banning you from Narnia?"

"If I get married to a Telmarine Lucy, I'm gong to have to live with him. That means leaving Narnia for who knows how long - maybe forever. It means leaving all of you and it means leaving Edmund." Genevieve sighed as she closed her book as she looked at Lucy with a sad look in her eyes. "I'd much rather have the opportunity to come back than not."

"I've been saying this too much recently but Susan didn't say you had to marry a Telmarine, she just said you have to marry - not that I agree with you being forced into marriage but you still have a choice." Lucy exasperated as she threw her hands down in frustration. Genevieve looked at her and raised her eyebrows in confusion and Lucy groaned as she fell back on Genevieve's bed.