nineteen

[nineteen: If all goes wrong, shoot the girl

[nineteen: If all goes wrong, shoot the girl.]

The day of the battle had finally come, and neither side could say that they were prepared. In the heat of it all Peter and Edmund walk out of Aslan's How as the Narnians cheer them on, Miraz and his army watching as Edmund's eyes glued to Genevieve's who was held in shackles to the ground - Genevieve sending him a wink as he looked to the rings on her fingers.

She had a plan.

"If it should appear to be going poorly..." Miraz says to Glozelle, who only looks at the crossbow in his hand before looking to Genevieve who was distracted and nodding.

"Understood, my lord." Glozelle muttered before looking to Genevieve who gave him pleading eyes as he gulped and looked away.

He couldn't let his emotions get in the way.

Peter draws his sword and steps forward and every single person on the field watches as Miraz also steps forward and they begin circling together, they swords glinting in the sun. 

"There is still time to surrender." Miraz stated as he and Peter just scoffed as he looked at the man with a determined look.

"Well, feel free." Peter said as the two slowed for a moment, a wicked smile forming on Miraz' face.

"How many more must die for the throne?"

"Just one." Peters growls as he pulls down his helmet and jumps at Miraz. 

They begin fighting and the two armies cheer as they watch their leaders fight, Genevieve's eyes barely leaving Edmund's as she lets a silent tear fall from her eye. 

+++

In the forest, Susan, Ron and Lucy ride away whilst various Telmarine soldiers on horseback pursue them, Ron turned back and instantly saw a soldier pointing a bow and arrow in their direction and he gasps.

"Oh no!" He mutters.

"They've seen us!" Lucy states as Susan stops the horse and climbs off.

"Susan!"

"What are you doing?" Lucy asks her sister who only gives her a sad smile.

"I'm sorry, guys. It looks like you'll both be going alone after all." Susan says as she taps Destier to go on and Lucy and Ron ride off without her.

Lucy takes once last glance at Susan, and then disappears into the trees. Susan turns towards the oncoming Telmarines as she puts an arrow to the string and takes aim. In the heat she manages to take down a few, and then is knocked down by a Telmarine soldier on horseback. The Telmarine is about to kill her when Caspian comes out of nowhere, kills the Telmarine, and holds out his hand to Susan.

"Are you sure you won't be needing that horn?" Caspian asks as Susan sends him a soft smile before she climbs on to his horse, her arms wrapping around his waist as they ride off.