two

[two: antique]

[two: antique]

As Genevieve Potter rode away in the horse draw carriage with her uncle, a certain raven-haired boy stood watching he carriage ride away with curiosity.

Never before had Edmund met someone so upmost peculiar to him, especially since she was a girl who Edmund usually would never associate with unless it was one of his sisters. He watched as she looked at him through the window and have him a small smile and he surprised himself when he returned it. He broke his trance when Peter pulled on his arm and forced him into the carriage.

Upon arriving at the professors mansion, Edmund was still lost in his thoughts. Something about the girl he merely associated with at the train station captivated him. Maybe it was because he was of similar age, maybe it was because she was so secretive and quiet compared to the few girls he did see in his everyday life or maybe it was because of their shared liking for science which he figured out when he saw her reading on the train. Edmund was still lost in his thoughts until he managed to trip up the stairs in the house and was left in an utterly foul mood.

"Professor Kirke is not accustomed to havin' children in this house. And as such, there are a few rules we need to follow. There will be no shoutin'. Or runnin'. No improper use of the dumbwaiter. NO touchin' of the historical artifacts! And above all, there shall be no disturbin' of the professor." Mrs. Macready said and the children all nodded before evacuating to their room, Edmund still deep in his thoughts.

•••

When Genevieve Potter arrived at her uncle's mansion she was immediately sent and locked in what she presumed would be her room. She looked across the sky blue wallpaper that had been obviously chipping away for some time and sighed. She put away her small belongings before lying down on her bed and closing her eyes.

She had been here ten minutes and she already hated the place.

It wasn't the place itself she hated, it was the loneliness that she hated. She had no brothers and sisters to spend her days with and she wasn't particularly popular socially at school in in her old neighborhood. But she at least saw her father sometimes and when at home she always felt her mothers presence, especially when she held her locket close to her heart.

Genevieve looked at the locket around her neck and clenched it in her hand as she closed her eyes and let a salty tear fall freely down her face. She missed her mother dearly. She missed the way she talked, the way her voice was fierce but also mixed with the sweetest of honey to show that she was caring. She missed her chocolate brown orbs and the way they glistened in the light. She missed the way her hair blew in the wind and the way her smile would light up any room she was in. There was a lot of things she missed, but most of all she missed her best friend.

When she closed her eyes she could still see her mother's eyes staring back at her and she could feel a sense of comfort. In her dreams she would hear her mothers voice telling her to be strong and that she was here even if she wasn't. She wanted nothing more than to have her mother back, to have someone there to put her trust in and to love with all her heart.