six

[six: betrothed]

[six: betrothed]

With true love you feel like the other is the reason your life is beautiful. It is when you're lost in those eyes, those thoughts and you think of them every moment. Loving someone, the best feeling because when you feel low and you talk to them, all they say is, "It will be alright; I'm right beside you. This is because your love is so whole, my missing pieces appear. Because your touch carries such passion, what was scarred becomes soft once more. Because you are steady and patient, my open wounds have time to seal and vanish. Perhaps that is why they say love is such magic, this gift from the universe, this sweet addiction to the man I was born to find. For with my twin soul, the only other born in the same flame as I, we are able to bathe one other in warmth and light as easily as we breathe, immune and oblivious to darkness.

Genevieve awoke the next morning with an arm around her waist, the sun shining through the still open curtains and she groaned at the intensity of the head. She nuzzled into what she assumed to be her pillow, but was highly mistaken when she felt the arm around her tighten and the rise and fall of a chest in front of her face. Genevieve gasped slightly as she realised the position she was in and checked to ensure she was still wearing her clothes - which thankfully she was - as sighed as she wiped her eyes. Genevieve went to stand up but the grip on her waist tightened and she was pulled closer to his chest so that she could feel his breaths on her ear.

"Don't go." He murmured as he held her close, his eyes half-open as she tried to fall back to sleep with Genevieve in his arms but Genevieve giggled as she tried to push his arms away. "No!"

"Come on Ed, I need to go. What if someone walks in here?" Genevieve said and Edmund's arms loosened around her slightly so that Genevieve could effectively sit up and stretch.

"It wouldn't matter, you always use to sleep in here anyway when we were fifteen." Edmund teased and Genevieve just shoved him back onto the bed as she stood up and stretched again, cracking her knuckles whilst she was at it.

"Lets not forget why I slept in here Mr. I'm afraid of the dark." Genevieve retaliated with a chuckle and Edmund just sent her a teasing glare which she returned. "I should go!"

"Don't go, stay here." Edmund whined and Genevieve sighed as she went to sit on the bed in front of him as he pulled her into his chest as he peppered a few kisses on her neck. "Please don't go."

"I have to go train. I'm helping Regulus teach the teen centaurs how to hold and weld their swords properly. Now let go Ed!" Genevieve pleaded as she struggled in Edmund's grasped and finally escaped, feeling a sense of accomplishment before his hands were on her waist again.

He grabbed her by the waist, pulling her up close against his chest. His hand gently glided through her hair, as he looked at her in a way he had never looked at a girl before. Her eyes were candles in that night, their light a spark of passion... desire. As a small but teasing smile crept upon her face, goosebumps lined her skin, not the kind than one gets in the cold, but the kind one gets when nothing else matters except right here, right now.