twenty-one

[twenty-one: Do you just not care?]

Sometimes someone comes into your life that changes everything. Raise the standards, makes you laugh, and makes you feel like you. There is something about him that you cannot put into words, and even though you are not with him, you do not want to let him go.

Genevieve Potter opened her eyes to find herself on the very pedestal she left, her eyes trailing down the wedding dress that complimented her figure in the boutique mirror as she let a troubled sigh escape her lips before her eyes trained to the painting on her right,  watching as the very ship she had been on a mere hour ago sailed away beyond the horizon - as if were never there at all and that Narnia was once again nothing but a selfish daydream.

Ronald Lee stood at her side as they watched the ship sail out of view, one of his hands clutching on a suitcase for the hotel that the two were supposed to stay in that night - though Ron had a different idea entirely. His heart ached as he watched the sorrow across his cousins face, his face distorting to a frown as he wished to know what was going on inside her head - to know how hard it must be for her to believe she had lost the love of her life.

Though if Eustace and Ron had their way then it wouldn't appear so.

"Please don't cry." Ron whispered as he approached the girl who had tears falling freely down her cheeks, wiping her tears away with his thumbs as he tried to comfort her - but failing as he only released a waterfall that collapsed from her broken eyes. "Genny please stop! Talk to me!"

"Tears are the words the heart can't say." Was all she said as she rushed to wipe her tears, thanking Aslan that none of the make-up applied by Agatha Pole had been smudged. 

The two were silent for a moment as they both looked into the mirror, noticing how different they looked compared to the months they spent on the Dawn Treader - Ron noticing that he was no longer taller than Genevieve after his growth spurt during their time in Narnia and he immediately pouted.

He missed being tall.

"Do you want me to button your dress up?" Ron asked her and Genevieve only replied with a nod as he stood behind her and slowly buttoned up the wedding dress, stepping back as they both looked into the mirror at the pair of them. "You need to just remember the good times."

"I tried it all before Ron," She whispered as she looked at him. "and it only makes things worse."

"Maybe this time it'll be right." Ron suggested and Genevieve only sighed as she stepped off the pedestal as she fetched a tissue from her bag to wipe her eyes.

"I don't thing I'll ever be alright again Ron." Genevieve stated as she wiped her eyes before she caught a glimpse of someone walking across the street. "Is that Jill?"

Ron's head immediately snapped up at the mention of Jill Pole, his eyes darting to the very girl who indeed was walking down the streets of Cambridge with a basket in her hand full of last minute invitations - as requested by her mother. His eyes narrowed upon looking at the house, his eyes promptly diverting to a window at the top of the house where he could briefly make out the silhouettes of three figures looking at something on the wall - though he couldn't see their faces.