five

[five: You tell them sweetcheeks]

"You all right?" Caspian asked as Edmund awoke from his slumber, finding himself on the dingy floor of a dungeon. Edmund sat up for a moment, his head throbbing for a moment as he placed his hand on his hand.

"Yeah." He mumbled before his eyes widened as he sharply looked around the room. "Genevieve... Lucy... where are they?"

"I haven't the faintest idea but we have to get out of here." Caspian stated as he pulled his leg up and kicked against the iron gate detaining them but finding it wouldn't open but he kept banging anyhow trying to loosen the hinges.

"It's hopeless. You'll never get out." A man stated, Caspian turning around immediately to look into the dark room spotting a dark silhouette in the corner that he hadn't noticed before.

"Who's there?" Caspian asked as he and Edmund advanced towards the voice.

"Nobody. Just a voice...in my head." The man stated as Caspian walked forward to the man completely, his face now visible to the eye as Caspian studied him - his eyes widening as he looked at the man from many drawings.

"Lord Bern?"

"Perhaps once, but I'm no longer deserving of that title." Lord Bern stated, his eyes still trained on Caspian as Edmund stepped forward.

"Is he one of the seven?" Edmund asked and Caspian nodded as he kneeled in front of the Lord, who looked at Caspian's face truly puzzled.

"Your face. You remind me of a king I once loved well." Lord Bern stated and Caspian smiled softly at his choice of words as he looked to the Lord.

"That man was my father."  He stated and the Lord's eyes widened as he looked at Caspian and attempted to bow but Caspian held him up anyway.

"Oh, my lord. Please forgive me."

"No, please. Please." Caspian said solemnly as he helped the lord up, the sounds of horse being heard outside.

"No! No!" A woman screamed and Edmund quickly walked to the window and held his hands onto the bars as he looked out onto the scene.

"Helaine!"

A carriage was being drawn through the town, women, children and others tied up as the horses drew away - the slave traders laughing at their misery. A man was chasing after the carriage, his hand grasping onto his wife Helaine's as one of the trader's tried to pry him away but he didn't budge. Behind them a young girl in a pink dress was running, tears falling from her eyes.

"Mummy!" She screamed as the man was pried off his wife as a trader punched him in the face.

Unbeknownst to Edmund, the scene was also being watched by Genevieve, Lucy and Eustace who were watching with wide eyes - Eustace's face changing to one of sorrow as he watched the man get punched in the face by one of the traders. Genevieve stifled a sob at this,watching as a child lost her mother was so difficult for hr to watch as she buried her face in Lucy's shoulder as she cried.