two

[two: sir orion]

[two: sir orion]

As the morning changed to early afternoon, Genevieve was sat by the cracked stone table with a book in her hand as she stroked Elizabeth's fur as they sat in complete silence. She had found complete peace at the table because it is where she really made a difference ten years ago when she helped the stone table crack quicker by joining the magic in her heart with the dark magic through her rings. Genevieve was contempt with her life at that moment and her birthday surely was going well and only one thing could make it better: spending the day with her best friend.

As if Aslan had heard her thought, a horse could be heard in the distance and both Genevieve and Elizabeth lifted their heads and Genevieve smiled at what she saw. Strutting towards them was Edmund and Philip who both held looks of pride as they came closer to the stone table. As Edmund dismounted Philip Genevieve closed her book after marking the page and watched as Edmund walked towards her with a smile.

There was no denying that over the years Edmund had become very handsome and that was something that Genevieve did not want to admit. She didn't want to admit that she did find Edmund attractive but she did she blamed it on her teenage hormones because he was one oft he two boys/men she actually socialised with on a daily basis, unalike the Telmarines that only visited every so often and she in no way found any of them as attractive as Edmund. Even Peter's handsome exterior couldn't compare to Edmund's in her eyes and that frightened her to the bone because she was supposed to view him as a friend, a best friend at that, and not anything more.

"You alright there Gen?" Edmund asked as he waved a hand in the young girls face who blinked and looked at her best friend who had broke out of her thoughts with a smile.

"I'm okay Ed, was just enjoying the peace before the storm." She said and Edmund chuckled as he took a seat next to her as they looked around at the scenery together in a momentary silence.

"You know Susan's only throwing this ball to throw it in my face that I need act like a woman and give up being a knight." Genevieve said as she pulled her knees up to her chest as Edmund watched her from the side as she let out a sigh.

"You know she can't dictate your life." Edmund said as he looked to his best friend who looked right back at him with a sad look.

"She's the Queen of this land Ed, it's in my best interest and listen to her." Genevieve stated and Edmund scoffed before looking at her.

"And I'm one of the King's of this land, but do you see me forcing you to do something you don't want too?"

"No but Ed this is different." Genevieve said as she took a breath and tried to hide the tears that were forming in her eyes and Ed took her hand to comfort her. "I've spent the last ten years of my life being myself and trying to forget my old life but it has come to the point now when I need to accept that I have responsibilities and I need to stop acting like a child and become a woman."