three

[three: you left me]

The four Pevensie children looked in the direction where the scream came from with confused faces as they watched a short figure run across the sand with a skip in his step. The young boy looked no older than ten and he wore a suit and tie but he had taken off his shoes as he ran across the warm sand. There was a female scream that followed after him as the boy ran towards the Pevensies and almost knocked over Peter himself due to not looking where he was going.

"Sorry sir, my cousin and I are playing tag and she's chasing me. I didn't mean to run into you." The young boy apologized to Peter who only smiled at the boy.

"What's your name?" Edmund asked before he looked ahead and his eyes locked with an all familiar pair of eyes.

"Genevieve." He whispered as a smile formed on his features.

Genevieve Pevensie stepped out from the shadows, stealing Edmund's breath and the heat from his skin. Suddenly his defences are just paper, paper that is being soaked by the rapidly falling briny drops. Before Genevieve can draw in the air her body needs he had melted into her form. He can feel her firm torso and the heart that beats within. His hands were folded around her back, drawing her in closer. He can feel his body shake, crying for the missed time they will never make back, crying to release the tension of the year he had spent apart from her - not knowing hers had been much longer. He went to pull her in closer only for her to push him away as she took a step back to look at the broken look on her husbands face as she wiped the stray tears from her face before she turned to Ron and pulled him into a hug.

"Thank Aslan you're okay." She murmured before giving him a stern look. "If you want to play tag at least let me take these heels off before you start running. I thought I'd lost you."

"Sorry Genevieve." Ronald said with a giggle before Genevieve lifted her eyes to the Pevensies again with an unamused look on her face.

"Hey." Edmund said sheepishly and Genevieve only gave him a blank look which made him frown as he went to step forward but she stepped back. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" Genevieve mimicked sarcastically before she took Ron by the shoulder and told him to stand behind her. "Ron, Lucy cover your ears because you won't want to hear this."

"Okay." Ronald whispered before he took Lucy's hand and walked her over to the tide - not used to seeing the angry look on Genevieve's face.

"You have the audacity to stand here and ask me what's wrong after what you did to me?" She asked rhetorically as her eyes stared daggers into Edmund's eyes which held shock due to her tone of voice. "You left me when I needed you the most and you expect me to forgive you after a simple 'hey'? "

"We never meant to leave." Susan interjected and Genevieve sighed as she pulled her hands over her face as she tried to calm herself down. "Honestly we didn't."