twenty-three

[twenty-three: Finished]

"Fall back!"

"Go on! Fall back!"

Peter gallops into the rocks, but Ginarrbrik fires an arrow at his unicorn which stumbles, falls and throws him forward. The Witch and her army follow them into the rocks. Edmund quickly reacts to Peter on the ground and Oreius sees Edmund's face, turns, sees Peter on the ground and charges towards the Witch with a random rhino at his side.

"Stop!" Peter orders him but Oreius doesn't listen. Along the way, the rhino is floored and Oreius kills Otmin with two swords in the back. Pulling out a third sword, he leaps at the Witch but the polar bear swipes at him, the Witch ducks, spins her wand and turns Oreius to stone in one simple swish and flick.

+++

At the Witch's castle where Aslan lands, Lucy and Susan are looking for Mr. Tumnus in the stone courtyard. Lucy spots him in his stone state and starts to cry and Susan kisses her head and hugs her when she sees the faun for herself. Aslan walks up to the faun and breathes on Mr. Tumnus and slowly the colours appear in his face again as Mr. Tumnus changes back to a living being. He falls forward into Lucy and Susan's arms and he looks up recognizing Lucy and smiles.

"Susan, this is..."

"Mr. Tumnus!" Susan interrupts Lucy happily as she looks at the faun of many stories. They hug, and then they see Aslan walking towards them quickly.

"Come, we must hurry and search the castle. Peter will need everyone we can find."

+++

"Ah!" Two golden griffins dive toward the Witch, who swiftly slashes at one and turns the other into stone which falls as and the stone shatters on a boulder.

"Edmund! There's too many! Get out of here! Get the girls and get them home!" Peter orders his brother who freezes in his place as he looks at his older brother in alarm.

"You heard him! Let's go!" Mr. Beaver starts to drag a frozen and confused Edmund away but Edmund stops as he sees the Witch advance towards Peter who is oblivious and starts to go back towards them.

"Peter said get out of here!" Mr. Beaver shouted at the boy who only scoffed at the Beaver as he ventures forward.

"Peter's not king yet." Edmund shouts as he rushes down the hill, jumps next to the Witch and brings his sword down on the Witch's wand, smashing it in one swift motion. There is a flash of blue light and Peter turns toward the scene in horror at the sign of his brother. Edmund pauses, giving the Witch the advantage to rid him of his shield and stab him with the remains of her wand.

"NO!" Genevieve screams as she jumps in front of Edmund at the last second,therefore taking the pain of the wand through her chest as she falls to the floor in agonising pain. A clear wound is shown as the passage of scarlet blood passes through her armor which is losing the purple glow as she falls into Edmund's arms.

"Edmund! Genevieve!" Peter screams as he rushes towards the witch.

"Genevieve wake up!" Edmund pleads. Edmund shakes her but she just lies still in his arms and he slowly lets go of her and he charges with Peter at the Witch. Genevieve collapses and lies still, unable to move as the blood seeps to the ground around her. Peter charges angrily at the Witch, Edmund not far behind and they fight, the battle is vigorous.

"Ah!"

They hear the sound of feet for a second, running quickly across rocky terrain, Peter and the Witch pause as they look up at the sky after hearing Aslan roar from the top of a cliff. The Witch's eyes widen as she looks up at him, pure shock on her face as she looks at the lion she was so sure she killed only the night before.

"Impossible!" She screams before she turns back to Peter, a fierce look in her eye as she swings for him again.

Peter and the Witch continue to fight. Aslan, and his new army, rush to join the battle. The Witch trips Peter and pins him to the ground with one of her swords through his chain mail. She smirks for a moment before she stands over him about the deliver the death blow but instead looks up as Aslan leaps at her and pins her to the ground. The Witch looks up one more time, fear clear in her eyes as Aslan bites her over and over again until she becomes limp and lifeless. Peter stands holding his sword as everything else appears sped up around him.

"It is finished." Aslan declares and Peter's army cheer at the statement as Lucy and Susan run up to Peter and Edmund and tackle them in hugs.

"Peter!"

"Edmund!" The two girls pull back from their brothers arms and Susan looks around the field quickly as her face grows pale as she looks for a light brunette.

"Where's Genevieve?" Susan asks and Edmund's eyes widen as the four run off, to look for Genevieve. They spot Ginarrbrik in the distance as he hobbles up, about to finish Genevieve who still laid almost lifeless on the ground, her eyes barely open.

"Gen!" Susan shouts as she fires an arrow, which shoots directly through his chest and kills the dwarf.

"Ah!" Genevieve coughs and gasps slightly Lucy pulls out her cordial and places one drop on her lips and then does the same for Edmund who has a smaller stab wound on his thigh but Genevieve stops moving as he chest stops rising, the other children's eyes fill with tears.

"Come on Gen wake up! Wake up! Please!" Edmund pleads and Edmund starts to cry and Peter holds him as they look at the girl in front of them with hope in their eyes. Genevieve stops moving momentarily, as the tears continue to fall from the Pevensies cheeks before gasping and sitting up at the last second, surprising Edmund who immediately pulls her into a hug which she hastily returns.

"I think you should be making the promises about being safe from now on." Edmund says to her and she lets out a small laugh as she wipes a couple excess tears from his face which was looking down at hers.

"Maybe so." Genevieve whispers and the two laugh together slightly and their cheeks heat up as Edmund pulls away. Seeing his siblings all together again, Peter grabs Edmund and pulls him into a hug and presses his face into his shoulder, crying before letting go and holding onto him.

"When are you gonna learn to do as you're told?" Peter asked him and they all laugh and embrace Edmund and Genevieve, who notices Aslan who sends her a proud nod. The others turn and see Aslan breathe on a stone satyr, bringing it back to life. Lucy looks at her cordial then runs off to heal other Narnians on the Battlefield as everyone dispersed leaving Edmund who just held Genevieve in his arms, ensuring she was okay after she once again saved his life.

They had won.