ten

[ten: my father would have liked you]

The Narnians, led by Peter and Caspian, walk through the forest towards the armies fortress - somewhere that Caspian claimed that the six children should feel accustomed to due to the memories they had there - even if Ronald's was only through the stories Genevieve had told them. At the end of the pack walked the newly reunited Trumpkin, Nikabrik and Trufflehunter, who smiled at each other as they spoke.

"So, what are they like?" Trufflehunter asked his friend, who huffed at the mention of what they were like.

"Complainers..." Trumpkin stated as he continued to walk. "Stubborn as mules in the morning."

"So you like em?" Nikabrik asked and Trumpkin only shrugged.

"Well enough."

They see Aslan's How on the distance. Centaurs stand on either side of the entrance and raise their swords. Caspian stops and lets the Pevensies go first. Lucy smiles at a child centaur who is holding his sword too low and they enter the How and find Narnians making weapons.

"Woah." Ron whispers as he walked into the fortress, his hand clutching Peter's who gives him a small smile

"It may not be what you are used to, but it is defensible." Caspian said as his eyes lingered to the gentle Queen who stared at a wall.

"Peter, you may want to see this." She says as the children, carrying torches, look at the carvings on the walls, which show them as kings and queens. "It's us."

"What is this place?" Lucy asks Caspian and the young Prince's eyes widen.

"You don't know?"

Caspian picks up a torch and leads them down a dark tunnel - Ron still clutching Peter's hand due to his fear of the dark which Genevieve was thankful for. At the end, he lights a fire and it spreads around the room, revealing carvings of Narnians and Aslan... and the cracked Stone Table. Lucy looks at the carving of Aslan and slowly walks forward before she turns back.

"He must know what he‟s doing." She muttered and Ronald nodded, fully believing that Aslan would come to help them again.

"I think it's up to us now." Peter says as they all look at the carving of Aslan with sad but determined looks

+++

A little later on, Peter stands Stone Table room with as many Narnians as possible as he tries to come up with a plan on how they were going to strategise a plan.

"It's only a matter of time. Miraz' men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle." Peter states towards the crowd of Narnians who allowed discreet murmurs to surpass between them.

"What do you propose we do, Sire?" Reepicheep asked.

"We—"

"Our—" Peter looks at Caspian and Caspian concedes as he allows Peter to speak to the army.