nine

[nine: you need to tell him Genevieve]

The seven soon find themselves back at the gorge where Lucy and Ron both claimed to have seen Aslan, Peter and Trumpkin still skeptical over the matter but knew they had to let it slide for the girls sake so that they could get back to where they needed to be - which was by Caspian and the rest of the Narnians.

"Where do you think you saw Aslan?" Peter asked the two and Ron rolled his eyes at the word 'think' and Lucy seemed to be annoyed at the statement too.

"I wish you'd all stop acting like grown-ups. I didn't think I saw him, I did see him and so did Ron." Lucy stated profoundly.

"Yes I did!" Ron said.

"I am a grown-up." Trumpkin said with an eye roll with Lucy ignored as she looked for the place where she saw Aslan.

"It was right around..." Lucy started before the ground collapses underneath and she screams, Ron trying desperately to grasp her hand but he couldn't get to her in time. The others rushed over and were relieved to see her sitting safely just a few feet down. "...here."

Looking down, they see a steep and narrow path going slantwise down into the gorge between the rocks. Convinced Lucy was correct, they walk down the path and cross the gorge. Among this however, Lucy slips and Trumpkin catches her before Lucy looks up at the trees.

"Told you we should have trusted her!" Edmund and Genevieve both say simultaneously.The two share a look before Genevieve looks away and ventures forward - leaving Edmund heartbroken in his steps.

"I wouldn't take it too personally, she suffered a lot when you left and she built herself into a stronger woman. She needs time." Trumpkin said as he walked past the young King who only nodded towards the dwarf as he walked forward.

"Okay"

+++

Stars light the sky like snow-flakes in the night, yet appear still, like an old photograph. Lucy smiles, feeling the wind blow her hair into a tousled mane. Were she out there in space, riding the limits of the known universe, they would be a choreographed blizzard. How the stars would move, the galaxies tumble and dart. But for now, with her arms around the log of a fallen tree and her head leaning gently it, the starlight kept its familiar pattern. The constellations, who'd witnessed centuries and millennia just the same, watched over this tiny moment. Lucy watches with her hands behind her head with a smile.

"Lucy, you awake?" Susan asked from beside her and Lucy only nodded ebfore turning to face her sister.

"Hmm?"

"Why do you think I couldn't see Aslan?" She asks and Lucy sits up.

"You believe me?"

"Well, we got across the gorge." Susan stated and Lucy only shrugged as she looked to the stars again.