three

[three: beautiful]

[three: beautiful]

"So you're a knight of Narnia? How did that happen?" Sir Orion asked Genevieve after they finished dancing and Genevieve just looked at him with a fake smile plastered on her face.

"Not to sound egotistical but I'm actually a High Knight of Narnia." Genevieve corrected him as she played with the sleeve of her dress. "Aslan named me High Knight of Narnia after I helped defeat the White Witch."

"Why only a Knight? Why not a Queen like the others." Orion asked her and she sighed as she looked towards Orion with a small frown.

"There was only place for four monarchs so I stepped back. Besides, I'm the Eve of Narnia and I don't need to be a Queen."

"But don't you think it's unfair that they got much of the credit and you're seen as a lower class?" Orion asked her and Genevieve only looked at him with a glare.

"Why are you so interested in this?" Genevieve asked him expectantly and Orion only looked at her with fake confusion placed upon his face.

"I'm just trying to get to know you."

"No. Getting to know me is asking what my favorite colour is or asking what my favourite book is or things actually about me. Not trying to turn me against the only family I know." Genevieve stated before she abruptly walked away only for Orion to start calling after her, catching Edmund's attention.

"Lady Genevieve wait!" Orion shouted as she stopped on the stairs and turned to Orion, unaware to the people staring at her.

"Firstly it's Sir Genevieve to you and secondly you have no right to speak to me. Now good day." She said as she walked out of the hall and to the gardens, tears streaming down her face.

The room stood sentinel as she stormed out and Edmund was the first to move as he approached the Knight with a stern look on his face.

"What did you do?" He asked sternly, his hands bawled into Orion's shirt as he looked into his frightened eyes.

"I just asked her about herself, she took it the wrong way." Orion said and Edmund roughly pushed him back as he ran after his best friend.

Edmund ran through the gardens, knowing that at this time of night Genevieve wouldn't take Elizabeth out for a ride at this time because she knew that Elizabeth needs to rest and therefore he concluded that she would be in the gardens. Edmund walked around looking for his best friend until he heard the soft cries in the distance. Edmund followed those cries and saw Genevieve leaning against a tree with tears streaming down her face and he immediately hugged her which only made her sob harder as she collapsed into his arms.