“Princess?” I hear Tom’s careful voice reach me. “Is Mary awake now?”

I turn around to see him peek out of the kitchen. He’s holding a glass of milk and a half eaten cookie in his hand.

“Why don’t you go and look?” I tell him with a nod and he breaks out in a huge smile.

He always had the girls to play with and they aren’t complete without each other. He trips carefully to his room and I throw myself onto the couch in the living room. I feel so useless even with my Alpha powers.

I lie in the living room, listening in to Mother while she explains to Mary that Kate is gone. Our family is shattered. That evil beast stole my little sister and I hope the Wolf Spirits will let him suffer a slow and painful death when his time is out.

It was a good decision to let Carlie stay with Jason’s parents. I don’t want to drag her into our unhappiness when all she deserves is a positive experience of our pack. She bonded with them immediately, though Carlie is Carlie and always will be.

Mother comes into the living room and hands me a cookie and a glass of milk. I remember when this used to cure me when I felt down. Sadly it doesn’t help me anymore.

“Thank you, Mother,” I answer her with a small smile and devour the cookie to get it over with. I’m not exactly in the mood of eating anything.

“I’m sorry,” she says awkwardly.

“We’re all sorry,” I mutter and drink my milk. “Sorry doesn’t help us.”

She inhales deeply, but at least she’s not crying anymore. I have the right to be mad at her. She didn’t welcome my mate into her home. Being sorry is just a waste of energy. It doesn’t fit her to apologize.

“I’m a bit old fashioned,” she continues on. “You know I can’t force you to do anything if you really don’t want to?”

“Mother, please,” I sigh. “I understand you perfectly. You can at least welcome him into the house even if he can’t sleep here or with me until we are married.”

“He will enter the house if I or your father invites him to,” she decides.

“So I and The Little Ones can’t?” I question her angrily and she looks back furiously at me.

“I don’t want to hear the triplets be called The Little Ones anymore,” she says with an ice-cold voice and disappears into her own thoughts.

I almost take a step back at her comment. She has no right to demand everyone to stop calling them what they’ve been called all their lives. She has always be the one to neglect their real names. I don’t like this change.

“Then I certainly will not allow anyone to call me Princess anymore,” I tell her slowly with a serious tone.

I get off the couch quickly and leave the house without looking back. The Alpha in me decided to not be pushed around by her anymore. I will stay with Vincent from now and we will get married when we feel it’s the right time to do it.

I take a look at my village and breathe out slowly. I am getting stronger every day and it’s only a matter of time before I can take over this pack. I hope my Mother will realize in what situations she has to let me go. Otherwise life is going to become quite difficult for us.

The sky is getting darker. The day is coming to its end and it smells like it’s going to rain a lot tonight. The clouds are heaping up but they don’t look very threatening. I should go to Vincent, but my spirit wants me to break free. The wolf in me is getting impatient and I realize that I must let go to prevent to get Adhaerentia again. I rush into the woods and change into my wolf in one huge leap.