Looking for extraordinary

Part 32

Looking for extraordinary

Kaitlyn’s POV

“Do you like your room?”

I turn around and smile towards the other woman. She’s wearing a dark green thin summer dress and her brown hair is hanging freely down her shoulders. She’s stunning but doesn’t seem to care about it. I feel shy in her presence but the whole atmosphere here is so warm and welcoming that I wonder why it took me so long to leave my brother’s pack.

“Yes I like it very much, Mrs Shadow,” I answer her politely.

“I’m glad. Join us for dinner when you are ready up here?” she adds amused over something I don’t understand. “Call me Aline from now on.”

She leaves with those words and I take another look at the small room I was given in the Shadow’s household. It has place for a small bed, desk and a wardrobe. The wallpaper is grey and white striped with pink flowers on it. It’s cute. I can live in it even if it is as big as my closet at home.

I was surprised when I arrived to this primitive village. This is not how I thought the Ninjan Pack would live like. They have large wonderful gardens filled with flowers, but lives in small houses. This is one of the few two story houses in the village and the second floor only consists of a guest room. I always had my own bathroom, but this house only has one.

I wasn’t ready for the heat down here either. It’s a little too hot for my liking, but I’ll get used to it. I must since I plan to stay here even if Gabriel didn’t give me any special attention during the long car drive here. His presence alone was soothing and I fell asleep quickly after leaving River Hill. Then I woke up a few minutes ago when he dumped me at his parent’s home and claimed he had to go see his Alpha.

It was so awkward to knock at their door and explain to them who I am. She dragged me inside the house as soon as I mentioned the name Denwood. She may live in the country, but she has the knowledge about important families.

I’m among Ninjans. They know more than other wolves do. They look so ordinary though. A by passer would probably just think that they are normal wolves.

I put away my things into the wardrobe and head downstairs. I’m a little confused I was invited to dinner, because it doesn’t smell like anyone’s cooking. I’m very hungry and thankful for the toast Gabriel forced me to eat this morning.

The house has two other bedrooms, a living room and a small kitchen. The dining room itself is outdoors under a roof and the whole terrace is covered in dark pink flowers. The whole scene feels unrealistic and very exotic.

Aline is giving a huge salad a last touch and her husband is hugging her from behind.

“Hello again, Kaitlyn,” he smiles at me and I understand where Gabriel’s charm comes from. “I didn’t have a chance to introduce myself properly before my lovely wife stole you away earlier. I’m Vic.”

“It’s nice to meet you Vic,” I greet him nicely. “What’s for dinner?”

They both look at me with surprised expressions.

“Our pack is holding a special gathering for Kate’s sake,” Aline tells me. “I thought my son told you that? Didn’t you come here to represent the Denwood family?”

“They didn’t tell me exactly why,” I try to explain myself. “I will support you as much as I can.”

They both break out in huge smiles and Aline scoops up the huge glass bowl and hands it over to me. I take it into my arms and she picks out another one from the fridge. Vic picks up a big basket and a picnic blanket. I wonder how long it will take for them to understand what interest I have in their son. I want to know what interest he has in me. He didn’t exactly accept me by just calling me mate.