after the song was over, cyrus ran over to us and told us what tyler was planning to do. justin came up next to me.

"we can't let him do this, we have to stop him." clay said.

"no, we need to get the fuck out of here. we need to call the cops." zach said.

"agreed." cyrus and i said at the same time.

"if we do, his life is over!" clay exclaimed.

"his life is over either way. either he's going to jail or he's dead." i told clay. "you cannot try to play hero in this situation. i won't let you."

"tyler doesn't wanna die. i know he doesn't." alex said.

"where is tony?" clay asked.

"clay what are you doing?" i asked.

"i've gotta find tony. don't call the police." he said, running off. i looked at justin and ran after clay. justin grabbed my hand.

"what're you doing?" he asked.

"justin, he's basically my brother. please just let me do this." i said to him. he hesitated.

"be safe. please." justin told me. i kissed him and ran off. when i got outside, clay was already talking to tyler.

"clay!" i shouted. tyler looked at me. that was immediately when tyler drew his gun at me. justin ran out.

"kylie!" he shouted.

"justin, go away, please!" i told him.

"no, i'm not going away. you're my girlfriend." he said.

"justin, please. just go." i told him through gritted teeth.

"she's right, justin. leave." tyler said to him, still pointing the gun at me.

"tyler, you don't have to do this. please." i said to him, hands raised in defense.

"shut up, kylie! you've never done anything to help me, even when you were with monty! you just let them treat me like shit!" he said, still pointing the gun at me.

"i tried to help you, tyler, i did! but when i would help you, montgomery would beat me and eventually i just stopped defending you or anybody because my body couldn't take anymore. my body couldn't take anymore beatings." i said. "i did what i had to do for me!" i exclaimed. "tyler, montgomery nearly killed me the day he saw me helping you in class. i couldn't keep putting myself through all of that pain. it was either i stopped talking to you and monty stopped hitting me, or i left him and he'd probably kill me. i didn't want to die, tyler." i said, crying.

"you never told me that." tyler said.

"i never told anyone. i was in the hospital for a week. like i said, i couldn't keep putting myself through that much pain. i wanted to help you tyler. i really did, but this was my life." i said.

"don't do this, man. come on. you can't." justin said, trying not to reveal my pregnancy.

"why can't i? it's not like she doesn't deserve it." tyler said, still having the gun raised toward me. he looked back at me. i nodded.

"she's pregnant, tyler. she's pregnant with my kid and i can't lose them. they're the only family i have." justin pleaded. i felt eyes staring at me when he said that. tears were running down my face. tyler put the gun down slowly, and before we knew it, i heard tony's car.

"get in the fucking car!" tony shouted to tyler.
"i'm going with them, justin."

"what, no!" justin exclaimed.