I nod, thankful that his attention is half on the conversation and half on the movie.

Blake is smart, so I have to be really careful of what I'm going to ask next.

"What if someone were to request a personal agent in place of witness protection?" I ask. "Like... say they knew the system." I add.

He nods "Yeah, it's possible, they'd just need to have connections in the FBI or a strong case."

I feel my whole body tingle at his words.

Connections in the FBI?

"Why?" He asks.

I shrug "Just wondering. It's a complicated system, so I was just curious as to why I wasn't just put into witness protection." I half lie.

He smiles toward me slightly "You trying to get rid of me?" He asks.

I shake my head. "The opposite. I'm wondering how I got so lucky." I reply.

He just chuckles "I wouldn't call your situation lucky." He says.

"Depends on how you look at it." I tell him with a small smile.

He takes my hand in his and laces his long fingers through mine. I smile and squeeze his hand softly before we turn our attention back toward the movie.

Yet, the movie is the absolute furthest thing from my mind right now.

With my other hand, I instantly press reply to her email and frantically begin to type as I try and remain as normal as possible for Blake.

....

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to act as if nothing has just changed within the last two hours, because it has.

Hope didn't lose touch by choice.

She's in a situation similar to me.

Blake watches the movie contently and I can't help but smile.

He is the only man I know who would take his girlfriend to a drive-in movie and actually pay full attention to the movie.

It's actually pretty cute. I can't help but giggle.

He looks over at me. "Huh?" He asks.

"Nothing." I say with a smile as I look down. "You're just cute." I tell him.

"Cute?" He asks.

"Yeah." I respond.

He rolls his eyes and I nudge him. "I don't know, I just appreciate you, okay?"

"I appreciate you too." He says. "You're really not focused on the movie, are you?" He asks with a chuckle.

I full on laugh at his observation "To be fair, I've seen this movie before." I defend.

"Everyone has seen this movie, it's a classic Christmas film." He says.

"I can literally quote it word for word." I add.

He just laughs "Why does that not surprise me?"

I smile and I look forward after we go back to comfortable silence to watch the movie. I sigh and try to clear my mind of all things sibling as we watch the movie.

"Something is bothering you." He says. He doesn't even take his eyes off of the movie when he says this.

I raise my eyebrow as I look over at him. "What?" I ask.

He looks over at me with one eyebrow raised. "Okay! Okay!" I say with a giggle.

"I'm nervous." I tell him.