Chapter 57.

Carly's POV

"Wow, 9 years without talking and that's all you have to say to me?" She asked. "Well, I don't exactly like you being here." I replied. "Why are you here?" I repeated. "I heard you were pregnant and I had to come see," she replied. She walked inside and I followed her with my eyes. "Hi, Frank." She said. Nikki cringed and he took a deep breath. "You know my name is Nikki. If you're in our house, you don't disrespect me." He said.

"Well, you're always going to be Frank to me. The one who stole my daughter away from me." She said and crossed her arms. "Mom, why the fuck are you here?!" I yelled. "I came to see you, I hear you're pregnant and you don't even call?" She asked. "Why the hell would I call you?" I asked. "To come down and meet my Grandkid!" She replied. "There's no way in hell that you're ever being apart of her life!" I exclaimed. "Ah, so it's a girl." She said.

I heard small footsteps and I saw Gunner and Storm standing at the end of the stairs. "Daddy, who's that?" Gunner asked. "Just do upstairs, bud." Nikki replied. Gunner hesitatingly went upstairs, Storm following. "I have 2 other grandkids?" My Mom asked as she started to walk towards the steps. I quickly walked over and stood in front of her. "No, you don't. You're not allowed to go near them." I said, sternly. She scoffed. "You think you intimidate me?" She asked.

She stepped closer to me and got close to my face. "Let's not forget who gave you those scars on your back." She said through her teeth. "I can still beat the shit out of you, I don't care if you're pregnant. You do not talk to me like that." She continued. "You don't scare me." I said, my heart beat picking up. "Oh, I don't? Then, why are you shaking?" She asked. I dry swallowed. "Get out." I heard Nikki say.

My Mom turned around. "Excuse me?" She asked. "You heard me. Get. Out." He said. I can tell he's livid. "If you think you can come into my house and threaten my wife, then you're wrong." He said. "Wife? Wow! He finally married you? I'm sure he still sleeps around. I know everything about you two, your dirty laundry is out." She said, looking at me. "Get out!" Nikki yelled. "You're a piss poor excuse for a Mother, I hated you ever since I got the first phone call from Carly asking me to save her from her monster of parents." He said.

"And, I hated you as soon as I laid my eyes on you." My Mom replied. Nikki marched over to her and got right in her face. "I'm giving you one last warning, either you leave or I make you leave with force. I don't care if you're a woman, you're not a woman in my eyes. You're a fucking monster. That's all you ever will be." He said. She shook her head.

"You're only mad because you know you're a shitty Mother, you know I didn't steal Carly from you, you can't stand that I  showed her love, something you couldn't ever do. You're just angry because Carly is living the best life ever, she finally broke away from you. You can't stand to see her so happy, you can't stand it because you know that you'll always be a fucking loser. A loser who drove her only kid away. You're just some old, bitter widow who will never find happiness because you're too busy trying to find ways to ruin Carly's life." Nikki said. My eyes went wide. "I've waited so long to say that to you, you're a fucking bitch. So, why don't you go back to your shithole of a home and stay there?Alone and bitter until you drop dead." He said.

My jaw dropped. My Mom was speechless. She lifted her hand up to slap Nikki and I roughly grabbed her wrist. "Don't you dare think about laying your hands on him ever again." I said, sternly. She ripped her arm away from my grasp. "Now, get out." I said and pointed to the still open door. She looked between Nikki and I before walking towards the door. "Both of you, go to hell." She said and slammed the door shut on the way out.

I looked back at Nikki and then quickly walked over and hugged him as tightly as I could. He wrapped his arms around me. "Thank you, thank you so much." I said. He leaned down and kissed my head. "You don't need to thank me. I've been wanting to say that to that old hag for years." He said. I laughed and looked up at him. "I love you." I said. He smiled. "I love you, Starry Eyes." He said. He leaned down and kissed me quickly.

He put my arms around his neck and started to sway from side to side. "What are you doing?" I laughed. "Dancing with my lady." He replied and smiled. "There's no music." I said. "We don't need it." He said and kissed me. I kissed back and pulled myself closer to him, it's as close as my baby bump will allow us to be. He broke the kiss and looked over my shoulder. "We have an audience." He said.

I looked over and saw Storm and Gunner sitting on the steps with smiles on their faces watching us. "Let them watch." I said and looked back at Nikki. He smiled. "This is all I've ever wanted with you." He said. "What is?" I asked. "Marriage, a family, that's all I wanted. I finally got it and I'm never letting anything tear it apart." He said. I smiled wide. "I'm glad to hear that, because I'm not going to let anything tear it apart either." I said.

He smiled and I rested my head on his chest as we continued to sway from side to side. I'm so in love with this man, I've never been this happy in my life. I'm in the same boat as him. This is all I've ever wanted. To be married to Nikki and have a family with him. I love our family. I see Gunner and Storm as my own kids and I love them with all my heart. I love my life and everything in it.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🦁)