Chapter 5.

Nikki's POV

"Yep, there she goes!" I called after her. "Running away like she always does!" I continued and shook my head. "Dude, what the fuck?" Tommy asked. "Don't give me this shit, I don't care if she cried. She should feel bad, she left me." I said. "I'm taking a breather," I said and brushed past Tommy and Mick and walked out of the rehearsal room and sat down. I put my head in my hands. Why the fuck did she even show up here?

I heard yelling from outside, a man and a woman's voice. I lifted my head up and furrowed my eyebrows. What the fuck is happening out there? I stood up and walked over. I saw Carly standing outside with some guy, must be her boyfriend. Hypocrite. I rolled my eyes and turned to walk away when I saw the guy starting to get closer to her. She flinched and put her hands up. I opened the door and cracked it to hear.

"Leave me alone, Sean! I'm so sick and tired of you harassing me all the time! I left you a year ago, let it go!" She yelled. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Clearly, you're fucking new here, because you can't just leave me and you know it!" He yelled directly in her face. Suddenly, I felt anger course through my veins. Flashbacks of Carly's Dad doing that to her flooded my mind. I haven't thought about all of those memories in years. "Go home, Sean!" She yelled and went to get on her bike, he grabbed her arm and yanked her back. My jaw clenched and so did my fists.

"Get the fuck off of me!" Carly yelled and tried breaking away from his grip. He shoved her backward and she stumbled and fell onto her back, her head hitting the concrete. My eyes went wide and he lifted his leg up to kick her and I lost it. I kicked the door opened and charged over to him, I grabbed him by the shirt collar and slammed him up against the side of a car. "What the fuck do you think you're doing putting your hands on her?!" I yelled into his face. He went completely silent, he looked absolutely terrified. "Answer me, asshole!" I yelled.

"I–I was defending myself." He lied. I seemed to somehow get angrier and I threw him to the ground. "You're not only a piece of ugly shit but, you're a fucking liar! I saw you shove her!" I yelled, towering over him. "How do you like being thrown to the fucking ground?!" I yelled and kicked his side as hard as I possibly could, he groaned out in pain. "Now, get the fuck out of here before I kill you," I said, sternly. He scrambled to his feet and quickly ran off. I sighed out and shook my head. I turned and saw Carly sitting up on the ground. I walked over and offered her my hand. She looked surprised at first but, placed her hand in mine and as soon as she did, my heart seemed to start slamming against my chest.

I helped her up and she fixed her clothing. "Are you okay?" I asked her. She nodded. "Yeah, I am. Thank you." She said, quietly. I saw blood dripping down her arm. "Hey, you're bleeding," I said and lifted her arm up. When she fell, she skinned her elbow. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up," I said and started to walk towards the doors again, I heard her light footsteps trailing behind me. We walked into the break room and got out band-aids. I cleaned it before placing the band-aid on. "There, you're good," I said. "Thanks, Nik." She replied. "It's not a problem," I said.

Things got silent again and I took the opportunity to get a good look at her. Somehow, her curves are even better. Her tattoos are badass, I can't lie about that. I looked at her arm and saw the words, "Starry Eyes." In black ink, the font is a beautiful cursive and there are little stars surrounding it. "Woah, you got that tattooed on you?" I asked, tracing it. As I did, I saw goosebumps appear on her skin. "Yeah, of course, I did." She said. "It was something you always called me, it's one of my favorite songs, it's important to me." She said. I smiled slightly. "I'm sorry, Nikki. I didn't mean to leave for 9 years, time really did get away from me and apparently, I have a really shitty taste in men these last 9 years because every guy I dated wouldn't let me leave their sight. It's been a hard 9 years." She said.

"Shitty taste in men? What do you mean?" I asked. She sighed. "Every guy I tried dating these last 9 years, they've beaten me." She said, quietly and looking down. Almost as if she was ashamed. "They would get drunk and beat me, just like my Dad used to and I thought it was okay because that's how I grew up, that's how I know men, so I just dealt with it." She said, playing with her sweater sleeves. "They beat you?" I asked, feeling the anger build up in me again. She hesitantly nodded. "Yeah, it's my fault, if I didn't leave–" "Stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault, nobody should ever get beaten, especially not you." I said. She looked up at me and she had tears in her eyes again.

"I'm just so sorry for leaving you, Nikki." She started sobbing. "I got my karma for doing it, these 9 years have been absolute hell!" She said, covering her face with her hands. I felt tears fill my eyes. She is my weakness, she always has been. I can't stand to see her cry. I slowly walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back. "Calm down, Starry Eyes," I said, quietly. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me back, burying her face in my chest. I leaned down and kissed her head, I'm just letting my instincts take over.

She sniffled and looked up at me. "Look at me, making you feel sorry for me and getting you to hug me, you're right." She said and wiped the tears off her face. "Don't listen to me, I'm an asshole," I said. She chuckled a little. "Nah, you're not. You were hurt, I understand that. I would be if you did the same thing to me." She said. I smiled a little and looked down at her. "I haven't said this to you yet but, I missed you, Carly," I said. She smiled and the whole room got brighter and seeing her smile made me smile just as wide. "I missed you, Nikki." She said.

Our eyes met and I started to lean closer to her, her lips... I've always loved her lips. She still has the lip ring in, the way it fits on her lip, fuck... She's p–

Carly quickly broke away from me and looked over at the door. I looked over and saw Brandi walking in. She smiled when she saw me. "Hey, babe." She said and walked over to me. She kissed my lips quickly and I peeked over Brandi and saw the hurt on Carly's face. I kissed her back quickly and smiled. "Where's Gunner?" I asked. "Oh, he's with Tommy." She smiled. "Gunner? You named your son Gunner?" Carly spoke up. I looked over at her and nodded. "That's a really cute name," she said and forced a smiled. "I'm sorry, I don't believe we've met. I'm Carlotta Dean, one of Mötley Crüe's managers." She introduced herself to Brandi. Brandi smiled. "It's nice to meet you! I'm pretty sure Nikki has mentioned you a few times."She said.

Carly smiled again and looked at her feet. "Well," she looked back up at me. "I'm going to be going, I'll probably be back tomorrow to get aquatinted with John. See ya." She said and walked out. I watched her as she left and frowned. "Ready to go home, babe?" Brandi asked me. I smiled at her. "Yeah, let's go home," I said and wrapped my arm around her waist.

As we started walking, my mind wandered to Carly again. What the hell was that? What was I thinking? I'm married! I almost kissed Carly, it's been 9 years, am I still really not over her? No, of course, I'm over her. I'm married and I'm happy with Brandi. I glanced over at Brandi.

I am happy, right?

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🦁)