Chapter 20.

(I just want to thank RockNRoller666 for this idea! It helped out a lot, I hope this is somewhat you had in mind! I put a little bit of my own twist on it)

Nikki's POV

"We've been having sex too much," I heard Carly say. I turned and saw her doing her makeup at the vanity in my bedroom, it was Brandi's but, Carly uses it more than Brandi did. "There's no such thing," I said. She rolled her eyes and grabbed a dark red lipstick and applied it to her lips. She rubbed them together and pursed her lips and posed a little in the mirror. Every time she does her makeup, she does that. It makes me smile, she's done it since she was 16, it's cute that she still does it. She does it to see if her makeup looks good on her. "Yep, all done." She said to herself and put her makeup back in her makeup bag. "You're so cute," I said. She turned to look at me and smiled. "Not as cute as you, babe." She said. I smiled and leaned over to kiss her and I heard a knock at the door, a pretty frantic one. "Who the fuck is that?" Carly asked, I laughed lightly. "Not sure-" I got cut off when I heard the door being unlocked. "Nikki!" I heard Brandi scream. I looked over at Carly and she looked at me. "Why is Brandi here?" She asked.

She got up and followed me as I walked downstairs to the living room, when I got there, Brandi was fuming. "You liar!" She yelled at me. "You told me you didn't love her anymore before we got married, you assured me that all feelings for her were long gone!" She yelled. "Then, I turn my TV on and just a few weeks after our divorce, you're fucking her!?" She exclaimed. "Brandi, we didn't love each other. We thought we did, but it just didn't work out." I said, trying to stay calm. I know Carly hates yelling. "And, you!" Brandi turned her attention to Carly. "Who the fuck do you think you are!? Leaving him for almost an entire decade and then just waltzing back like everything is fine!" She yelled. "Don't." Carly warned. "You know, I read all kinds of stories about you, Nikki refused to tell me anything about you to protect you, but I got dirt on you. I know all about you." She said, crossing her arms over her chest. "What the hell are you talking about?" I asked. "I know all about her parents, her depression, the suicide attempts, the psychosis, everything." Brandi said. Carly furrowed her eyebrows. "Okay, so what?" She asked.

"So, now everyone is going to know. You're the reason Nikki left me, I'm going to make your life hell. Do you want Nikki? You can have him, but good luck getting the support of his fans." She said. "What do you mean everyone is going to know?" Carly asked. "I told everything to paparazzi, I told magazine outlets, everyone is going to know." She sneered. Carly seemed to go pale. "W... What?" Carly asked. "You did what!?" I finally yelled. "She started this all! If she never showed up, we'd still be happily married!" Brandi yelled. "No, we wouldn't be happy! We argued every fucken day after the honeymoon phase wore off!" I yelled back. "I'm tired of this, you crossed the fucking line," I said. "I did this-" "I don't give a fuck as to why you did it, you went too far, Brandi." I cut her off. "Get the hell out!" I yelled. "This is my mansion!" She exclaimed. "Actually, it's mine! My name is on the fucking thing, get the hell out!" I yelled. She huffed and turned on her heel and slammed the door on the way out. I sighed and shook my head. I looked around for Carly. "Starry Eyes?" I called out. No reply. I walked to the kitchen, her shoes are still here so, she shouldn't be far.

It'll take like a fucken week to look through this whole place. I looked in my bedroom and frowned, not here. I glanced around at some of the other rooms and still couldn't find her. Wait, I know where she is. I walked out my back door and looked around. I walked to the ladder to my roof and climbed up it. I glanced around and saw some smoke. Yep, she's up here. I got up on the roof and walked towards the smoke. I saw Carly sitting with her knees to her chest, smoking a cigarette. Some things never change.

"Carlotta," I said. She looked over her shoulder at me and I caught a glimpse of her face before she turned back around. "Hey." She said, her voice shaking. I frowned, Brandi made her cry and that makes me infuriated. I walked over and sat next to her. "Are you okay, baby?" I asked. She looked over at me and her makeup isn't messed up at all, she must've only shed a few tears. "Yeah, I'm just freaking out a little." She said and took a drag of her cigarette. "I don't want all my dirty laundry out for everyone to see, but since Brandi told anyone and everyone who will listen, it's inevitable." She said and exhaled the smoke. "I'm sorry, I really had no idea she would do something like that, seeing us have sex must've made something snap inside of her," I said. She shrugged. "It's whatever, I mean that is how my life goes." She laughed. I frowned again.

"Don't say that it'll be okay. I'm going to be here every step of the way." I said and wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her close to me. She smiled and looked over at me. "I love you, Nikki." She said. I smiled and kissed her lips quickly, "I love you, too." I replied after I broke the kiss. She looked back to the sky. "The sun's setting, babe." She said. I looked out. "Wanna stay here until the sun sets and the stars are out?" I asked her. She smiled wide and nodded. "Yes! I haven't looked at the stars in so long." She said. I kissed her head. "We should try to do it together at least once a week, sound like a deal?" I asked her. She nodded eagerly which made me smile, she is so damn cute!

She rested her head on my shoulder as she watched the sun start to set. I looked down at her, I know she's more upset about this whole situation than she's telling me, she's never good with her emotions. I wish I could read her mind, I just want her to talk to me and let me help her. I know when all the stuff gets out about her, she's going to be distraught. It's going to be a hard few weeks for her, I'll just make sure that I'm right by her side every moment I physically can be. no matter what, I'm going to be there for her.

(A/N: Thank you so much for watching! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🦁)