Chapter 31

Carly's POV

I awoke later that night to a throbbing in my jaw. I sighed, she got me pretty good. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I looked over and frowned when I saw the empty spot next to me. As angry as I am from what Nikki did, I miss him more than anything. I got out of bed and looked over at the clock. It's almost 12 in the morning. I sighed and laid back in bed. I shut my eyes to try and sleep when I heard the sound of a guitar. I furrowed my eyebrows and sat up again. I got up and walked out of my room and walked towards the sound of the guitar. I followed the sound all the way to the living room where I saw Nikki sitting on a chair in the middle of the living room and candles are lit around the living room and flower petals are all over the floor.

"Nik–" I was cut off when he started to sing. "Fly to the moon, we'll take my rocketship. It's outta sight, so outta sight." He sang. I decided to not protest and just stand there and listen, he's avoiding looking at me. I can tell by his voice that he's nervous. "Leave your head, check into this time, check your mind. Let your sparkle shine." He continued. I smiled a little. He strummed more on the guitar and took a breath to begin singing again. "Pass the sun, say goodbye to everyone, we'll fall in love as we pass the sun." He continued. I smiled wide and felt tears fill my eyes. "Hang from a star, forget just who we are. It's outta sight, so outta sight." He continued. He took a deep breath. "From the moon to the stars, to the sun. Baby, I'm in love." He sang, louder than the beginning of the song. He stopped strumming and put his guitar down.

He finally looked up at me and the tears streamed down my face. "I wrote that for you, I was sitting down and thinking of you and, it all just spilled out. I know it's not right for this album, but I needed to play it for you now. Carly, I'm a fuck up. I know a stupid song isn't going to fix anything–" "That song is not stupid, that's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard." I cut him off. He stood up and I walked over to him. "I forgive you," I said. He looked shocked. "What?" He asked. "I forgive you, Nikki," I repeated. He lifted his hands up and took his thumbs to wipe the tears off my cheeks. "Why were you crying, then?" He asked. "Because I love you so much that I don't know how to contain it," I said. He laughed a little. "Nikki, that's a beautiful song. I loved it." I said. He smiled.

"I'm glad you like it." He said. "How did you know I was up?" I asked. "I know you really well, usually when you nap in the middle of the day, this is the time you wake up." He said. I smiled wide. "You really are my one and only, nobody else would remember something so significant like that." I smiled. "Baby, nothing about you is insignificant." He said. I smiled again. "Nothing about you is insignificant either," I said. He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. I smiled against his lips and moved my arms up to his body and wrapped them around his shoulders, standing on my tippy toes to deepen the kiss. His arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me to him, our bodies pressing against each other.

He broke the kiss and pressed his forehead against mine. "I missed you, I will never do something so stupid ever again." He said. I smiled. "Well, I'm glad to hear it because I missed you, too," I said. "My Little Miss Starry Eyes," He said. I smiled wide and looked up at his beautiful, green eyes. "No matter how many times I hear you say that, I'll always smile like an idiot." I giggled. He chuckled. "Good, because that smile looks beautiful on you." He said.

——

"I'm choosing her, you're nothing to me, Carly." Nikki spat. I flinched and looked between Nikki and Brandi. "N-No, you can't. You told me you love me, you wrote that song for me!" I cried. Nikki laughed. "Like anyone could love you! I wrote that song for Brandi, I only did that so I could fuck you one more time!" He said, smugly. "And you're still easy. You always have been, always will be." He added on. Brandi giggled and wrapped her arms around Nikki's bicep. "I mean, after I beat your ass, it was really clear who loved Nikki more." She said. I furrowed my eyebrows. "You got that twisted," I said.

She let go of Nikki's arm and grabbed a mirror. "Are you sure about that?" She asked and held the mirror up. My eyes went wide. My face looks like what I did to Brandi x20! I opened my mouth and gasped and when I did, all my teeth fell out of my mouth. I looked down at my hands and saw all my teeth. I looked back up at Nikki and Brandi and, there it was again. The scene that I can't get out of my head. Nikki on top of Brandi, Nikki looked over at me and smirked. "She's way better than you, Carly. In every single way." He said. Brandi's moans got louder. "Stop!" I exclaimed. I felt tears run down my cheeks. I started to run to break them up, but somehow I was put in a prison cell. I gripped onto the metal bars. "STOP!" I screamed, crying.

I shot up in bed and put my hand to my mouth and felt my teeth. I sighed out and wiped my face as it was soaked with tears. "Hey, why were you screaming?" Nikki asked frantically and turned the light on. "What?" I asked. "You screamed stop in your sleep, babe." He said. I put my head in my hands. "Just a bad dream." I said, quietly. Nikki rubbed my back. "Tell me about it, baby." He said. I felt tears burn my eyes. "Do you want to be with Brandi? Are you sure you aren't making a mistake being with me again?" I asked. He furrowed his eyebrows. "What? Of course not, I'd always choose you. In a hundred different lifetimes, I'd always find you and choose you." He said. I smiled a little. "What was the dream?" He asked.

I explained the whole dream, Nikki sat and listened intently, not interrupting once. He breathed out once I finished. "Baby," he said sadly. "I'm so, so sorry." He said. "It's one of the worst nightmares I've ever had, actually it probably is the worst," I said. "You know it's just a bad dream, right? I'm right here, you're not going to lose me. I know what I did was awful, trust me. I've been beating myself up for it ever since it happened, but it'll fade away. I promise. We'll get right back to where we were." He said. I frowned. "Do you really think so?" I asked. "Yeah, I really do. We love each other too much to let anything tear us apart." He said.

He leaned over and kissed me sweetly. "I'm right here, if you have another nightmare, don't hesitate to wake me up, okay?" He said. "Nikki, I don't wanna wake you up every–" "Hush, I won't allow you to protest. Either, you wake me up or, I'm not going to sleep." He said. I smiled a little and he smiled back. "I love that smile." He said. My smile widened. "Okay, I'll wake you," I said. He opened his arms up and I cuddled into his chest. "That's what I like to hear." He said and pulled the blankets over us again. He kissed my head. "Goodnight, Starry Eyes. I love you." He said. I shut my eyes. "Goodnight, Nikki. I love you." I replied and waited for sleep to take over.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🦁)