Chapter 16.

Carly's POV

I awoke the next day to my whole body aching. I turned my head to the side as saw Nikki peacefully sleeping. I don't wanna disturb him, so I slowly got out of bed and walked towards the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and gasped. Both of my eyes are black and purple, my nose is bruised, my lower lip is busted and swollen and the rest of my face is red and some bruises are all over. I look horrible, he beat the shit out of me. I know he did some damage, Sean always did go crazy when it came to hurting me but, this is extreme.

I slowly took my shirt off and my pants off. I stepped back to get a look at my body in the mirror. There are bruises all over my entire body. I have some small cuts, too. I sighed and put my clothes back on. I walked out and wandered into the kitchen. I looked in some cabinets to find stuff to make some coffee, I looked through some more cabinets and then I saw a baggy of white powder all the way in the back of a cabinet, I furrowed my eyebrows. I moved some more stuff and saw some needles and a spoon, lighter, and... Oh my gosh, that's smack! I quickly slammed the cabinet doors shut and backed up a little. I thought he was clean, he told me he was clean! What happened? I opened the cabinet again and got everything out. I put it on the counter and breathed out.

I walked back to Nikki's bedroom and nudged him. "Nikki, wake up," I said. He didn't budge. "Nikki," I said loudly and more sternly. He slowly fluttered his eyes open. "Good morning," he said, his voice raspy and deep. "Get up," I said and took the covers off of him. He looked confused. "Now, let's go," I said, grabbing his arm and pulling him up. "For someone who just got assaulted, you're pretty strong, still." He chuckled, sitting up. I ignored his comment and started walking, my hand still on his arm. "Where are we going?" He asked. I continued to ignore him and walked into the kitchen. I let go of his arm and looked at him. "Care to tell me what that is?" I asked, pointing at the junk on the counter. Nikki looked over and went pale. He looked down at his feet. "Fuck," he muttered. "Nikki, you told me you were clean," I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "I was, I was doing good for a while, I had a few slip ups and I couldn't stop." He said, quietly. "Why did you lie to me?" I asked. "I lied because you told me you were clean, I didn't want to like, trigger you into getting into it again, too." He said. "You wouldn't have triggered me," I said. "So, you're telling me, as soon as you saw this, you didn't want 'just one more shot'?" He asked me. I opened my mouth to tell him he's wrong, but the words wouldn't come out.

He's not wrong, he is not wrong at all. I think about heroin every day of my life. How much I miss that euphoric feeling, I miss that escape from reality. I sighed. "Nikki," I started. "Don't lie to me, because you can't." He said. "I know you still think about it." He said. "Yeah, I do. Every day, I didn't want to quit, I had another seizure in 1987, I almost died," I said. "When??" He asked. "What do you mean?" I asked. "What day, the month?" He asked. "Why?" I asked. "Just answer the question," he ignored my question. "December 23rd, why?" I asked. Nikki's eyes went wide. "No fucking way," he said. "What?" I asked, growing annoyed. "That's the day I overdosed and my heart stopped." He said. "Just a coincidence?" I suggested. "Maybe so, or maybe we're way too connected." He said and walked over to his dope. "You're not shooting up while I'm here, are you?" I asked. "You can't expect me to not do it, I'll get sick." He said. I sighed. "Then, I want to do it, too," I said. He shook his head. "No, Carly." He said. "You said it helped with the pain for your shoulder when you dislocated it, my whole body hurts," I started. "Either, you let me do this with you, or I'll just go out to my old dealer, either way, I'm going to shoot up," I said.

He sighed, defeated. "Okay, okay. Let's go." He said and we walked back to his room. We sat down on his bed and he started to get everything set up. "Let me shoot you up, you haven't touched this stuff in a while, your tolerance is low." He said. I nodded. He wrapped a scarf from the floor around my arm and tapped a few times for a vein to come up. I looked away when he put the needle into my arm, and then it all hit me. The rush, it's so intense, it feels like I'm on a cloud. I missed this feeling so much. The drugs I've tried before, they don't compare. This stuff feels so good that it's scary. He pulled the needle out of my arm and wiped the blood away. "How are you feeling?" He asked. I looked over at him and smiled. "I feel amazing, Nikki," I replied.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🦁)