Chapter 47.

Nikki's POV

I walked into Carly's room and sat down next to her again. "Hey, baby. It's just you and I today," I said. "I don't know if you can hear or not, but we have a baby girl on the way." I continued. She just laid there emotionless. "I don't know if your mind changed but, I wanna name her Penny Lane, just like you suggested when we had a kid on the way in '83." I said. Still no answer. "Remember that song I sang to you? It's called Rocketship, we're gonna put it on the new album." I said. "And guess what? I'm gonna sing it, I knew you'd be happy to hear that since you talk about how much you love my singing." I said.

No response. "Vince is back in the band. We talked, we did this because we knew you'd want it. We're all friends with John again, I know you wanted that, too. You never like anyone being mean towards each other, I know you hated that we didn't like John anymore. But, we're all friends again. Even Vince. John and Vince are friends, isn't that great?" I asked and squeezed her hand a little. Not even a slight movement. "I've been thinking about our wedding. But, I couldn't plan the perfect wedding, that's more your place." I said, chuckling lightly. "I can't wait to see you in your wedding dress, baby. You always talked about how you wanted to wear a gown that makes you look like a Princess," I said and smiled sadly. "Little did you know, you already look like a princess without the gown." I added on.

I played with her ring again. "Our baby is healthy, it's a miracle, the doctors say. I know a miracle will happen with you, too. I just know it." I said. "She's probably going to look just like her Mama, the most beautiful girl in the world." I said. She still laid there. Not moving, not talking. Nothing. "I really miss you, I miss hearing your beautiful voice. I miss you saying my name, your voice is my favorite sound in the world." I said. Once again, nothing. "Your hair is really long, babe. I've been brushing it for you, it's all the way past your shoulders. It looks gorgeous. You should consider keeping it this length." I said. "I miss you, Starry Eyes." I said and frowned.

I felt the tears building up in my eyes again. I blinked and they all traveled down my cheeks. "You can't just not wake up, baby. Our story isn't over yet, it's only beginning." I cried. "All the boys miss you, too. It hasn't been the same since you've gone into a coma." I said. "God, please, if you're out there. You'll wake Carly up, no brain damage, just wake up. She doesn't deserve this." I said quietly. I looked back at Carly and her eyes didn't open, she didn't flinch, no movement at all. "You can't just be gone, I won't accept it. You have to wake up, wake up, please." I pleaded. Nothing. "I'm clean, I haven't touched any drugs since this happened, you'd be so proud of me." I said. "I also got your name tattooed on me, it's on my arm for the whole world to see. No matter what happens in this hospital, I'll always be yours. No matter what. I'll always be yours, you're always going to be mine." I said.

Nothing. I sniffled. "Baby, I miss you. I miss you more than words can even describe. My heart feels like it's ripping apart seeing you like this, this isn't how you're suppose to die. We're suppose to grow old together. I always wanted us to get married and grow old together, ever since I was 18. I knew that that's what I wanted." I said. "Remember when we were making the Hooligan's Holiday video and you said you liked my hair all slicked back?" I asked. No response. "Well, I've been slicking it back for you, I want you to see it when you wake up. I know it'll make you smile. You love when my hair is out of my face." I continued. "I'm staying the night again, I've been spending the night here as often as I can, I wish I could get in bed next to you, I miss feeling your body pressed against mine. I'm sure you miss it, too." I said.

I looked at the window and saw that the sun has already set. I've been talking to her for hours. I looked back at her. "I'm going to go bed, baby. I'll make sure I wake up a few times tonight to check on you like I always do." I said. "It'll be just us again tomorrow. Isn't that great? We'll have some more alone time." I said. I stood up from the chair and kissed her lips softly. "I love you, Starry Eyes. Goodnight." I said and let go of her hand. I walked over to the couch and laid down. Making sure I can see her face as soon as I open my eyes.

I kicked my shoes off and put the pillow down. I unfolded the blanket I left here and laid down. I glanced at her one last time before shutting my eyes. I sniffled again and hoped for sleep to come before I completely fall apart again.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🦁)