Chapter 53.

Carly's POV

I walked into mine and Nikki's home. "Babe, I'm home!" I called. I kicked my shoes off and walked further into the house. "Our wedding is just a week away!" I said, smiling. "I just got fitted for my dress, I'm absolutely in love with it!" I said. "I also can't believe that I'm 6 months pregnant, I'm so excited to meet Penny. Just three more months to go!" I said.

A little over a month has gone by and the wedding is all sorted, everything is planned. My dress looks beautiful, I've never felt so gorgeous in my life. I walked up the steps. "Babe?" I asked. He hasn't answered me once. I walked up to our bedroom and opened the door. My jaw dropped and I covered my mouth. "Nikki.." I whispered. I'm looking at my fiancé, high out of his mind, nodding off in our bed. There's a needle right next to him, I can't believe this.

"Nikki!" I exclaimed. He sat up and looked at me, his eyes barely open. "Oh, hey, babe." He mumbled. "What the fuck is all this?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. "How long have you been on smack again?!" I exclaimed, before he could answer my first question. "Babe–" "No, answer my fucking question!" I cut him off. "Maybe 2 months? I don't know." He shook his head. "So, for 2 months you've been going behind my back and doing this shit to yourself?" I asked. "It's not a big deal–" "Oh, it's not a big deal that Penny's father is a heroin addict?" I cut him off again.

He shook his head. "Don't try and guilt trip me." He said. "This isn't a guilt trip! Get your head out of your ass! I almost died from that shit just 6 months ago and you're doing it again?" I asked. "I'm fine, I'm just having a little fun." He said. "That's a fucken lie and you know it." I spat. "You almost died, actually, you did die! Isn't that enough for you to not touch this shit anymore?!" I exclaimed. "Leave me alone." He said and laid back down. I took a deep breath. "Nikki, I'm not doing this." I said, quietly. "Doing what?" He asked.

"This marriage." I replied. "What?" He asked, suddenly very alert. He sat up again. "You're not serious." He said. "I am, either you straighten up or Penny and I are gone. I mean it, Nikki." I said. He got out of bed and quickly walked over to me. "Carly, you can't leave. You can't take Penny away from me." He said. "I'll have to. I'm not going to watch you kill yourself, I can't be around someone who's on heroin. I'll want to do it. I don't want to ruin Penny's life before she even has one." I said. Tears filled Nikki's eyes. "I have a problem, I know but, you can't just give up on me." He said, his voice shaking. "Nikki, either get clean, or lose us. Take your pick." I said.

Nikki blinked and the tears ran down his cheeks. "It's easier said than done–" "Those are just excuses, I will cancel everything if you keep doing this. There will be no wedding, there will be no you and me, you will not see Penny. I can make all of this happen if you keep using." I said. Nikki started crying harder. "Don't leave me, please. We finally got everything on track, we're finally having a family, we're finally getting married, don't leave." He sobbed. "Then, get off of smack." I said. He wiped his tears and took a shaky breath. "Okay, okay." He said. "I can help you, you can be completely clean by the time our wedding is here." I said.

He sighed. "It's hard, Carly." He said. "You think I don't know that? I've gone through withdrawal, I understand what happens." I said. "I wish you told me or I found out earlier. It's just one week from our wedding." I said and crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself." He said. I shook my head. "Yes, you could have. You just chose to be selfish." I mumbled. "I'm not selfish." He said, sternly. "What do you call it, then? It's hard for me to feel sorry for you when you chose to do this again." I said. "You can give me some sympathy, you're being kinda mean." He said. "Really?" I asked.

He nodded. "Nikki, our wedding is in a week. Penny is due in 3 months and you're a heroin addict." I said. "I'm not an addict." He said. "Yes you are. That's what you are." I said. "Don't." He said. "Nikki, I'm saying this to get through to you! You're an addict and you need help!" I exclaimed. He shook his head. "Stop it." He said. "Then, stop doing this to yourself! Stop doing this to me! Stop doing this to Gunner and Storm! Don't do this to Penny!" I exclaimed. He walked away from me. "Stop it." He repeated.

"No! I won't stop until you get through your head that this isn't okay! You're killing yourself! I don't wanna watch you die! I won't, I can't." I said the last part quietly. "Nikki, I mean it. I will leave for good if you continue to do this." I said. He looked over at me. "Carly–" "If you make another excuse, I'm walking out and never coming back." I cut him off. "I'm stopping." He said, quietly. "For good?" I asked. "For good." He replied. I sighed out in relief. "Thank you." I said.

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his chest. I started crying, like really crying. My whole body shaking. "Hey, hey, hey, don't cry. I'm going to get clean, baby." He said and rubbed my back. "I know, that's why I'm crying. I'm so relieved that you are, I don't wanna leave you, I don't want you to die, I just want you to be happy and healthy, Nikki." I said and looked up at him. He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"I know, Starry Eyes. I'm not going to die, you're not going anywhere. I'm going to get clean. I promise you that, no more messing around. I'm going to be better for you, Penny, Gunner and Storm." He said. I smiled. He wiped the tears off my face. "Don't cry, you're far too pretty to cry." He said. I smiled again. "I love you, Nikki." I said. He kissed my lips sweetly. "I love you, Starry Eyes." He said, breaking the kiss.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🦁)