Chapter 15.

Nikki's POV

I tuned my bass and sighed. "Hey, does anyone know where Carly is?" Our manager asked. "Who cares?" I mumbled. "Has anyone heard from her? It's been a week since she's been here." He asked. "Probably opening her legs for Vince," I said. "Uh? I thought you and Carly were alright?" Tommy spoke up. "Yeah, we were until I found out she was fucking Vince behind my back for 7. fucking. years." I said. Tommy shook his head. "Holy shit." He mumbled. "I'm sorry, dude." He said. I shrugged. "Whatever, I have Gunner. That's all I care about right now." I replied. "Do you think she ran again?" Mick asked. "Probably, it's the one thing she's good at doing. Running away when life gets to hard, fucking bitch." I muttered the last two words. "Well, I don't care if she has sex with Vince, she's your manager and she needs to be here or she'll get fired." Our manager said. "Go ahead and fire her, she doesn't do anything for us anyways," I said. "Actually, she's the one who promotes and sets the tours up, so yeah she actually does do a whole hell of a lot." He replied. "And, with Vince being out, it's going to be hard to book you guys, so we need her here." He said and started dialing her number again.

I rolled my eyes. Whatever, I could care less about her right now. She's dead to me. "Hello? Carly?" Our manager asked. "Wow, she actually picked up?" I chuckled. "Hey, slow down. What's going on?" He asked. I looked over and he has worry written on his face. God, what's she got herself into now? "Who's yelling in the back– Carly??" He continued. "Fuck." He muttered and hung up. "What the hell was that about?" John asked. "Carly was screaming and crying and I heard things being thrown and yelling in the background from a man, and the line went dead." He said. Even with how mad I am, I became worried. "What?" I asked. "What do you mean yelling and throwing?" I asked and put my bass down.

"Oh, so now you care?" He asked. "Yes, I do. Is she alright?" I asked. "I don't know as I said, the phone line went dead." He replied. "Fucking hell," I muttered and started to walk to my car. I got in and started driving. No matter how angry I get with her, I can't quit her. I have every right to be angry, I still feel justified. But, she's in danger. I know she is. She wouldn't put her job on the line for some drama between the 2 of us. I stopped at a red light and groaned. "Come on!" I exclaimed.

You know what? Fuck it. I drove through the red light and started speeding to her house. The more I sit here and think of all the possible ways she could be in danger, the more anxious I get. I remember doing this so much when we were teens, to save her from her Father. Except for this time, she didn't call me for help. She must think I hate her. I could never hate her, she means too much to me. Even if I ever wanted to hate her, I could never.

I pulled up to her house and saw a car I don't recognize. So, I know it's not Vince who's here. I ran up to her porch and tried opening the door. It's fucking locked, I heard her screaming and crying inside and I kicked the door in. I ran inside and saw that asshole, Sean towering over her. She's laying on the ground, bloody and bruised. I started seeing red, I charged over to him and pushed his shoulder so he was facing me. I threw a punch that nailed him in the jaw. I shoved him backward and pinned him against the wall.

"You know, I let you off with a fucking warning the first time," I started and punched him in the face again. "I'm not going to be so generous this time," I said, through my teeth. I grabbed the back of his head and slammed it into my knee. I shoved him to the ground and kicked him as hard as I could in the stomach. He coughed and held onto his stomach. I kicked him again and he coughed up blood. I kneeled down and grabbed him by his hair and punched him in the mouth. He spits a tooth out and I threw his head to the ground. "I'm not going to kill you, you're not fucking worth it," I said and stood up straight. "Get out. NOW!" I screamed and he stumbled to his feet and I grabbed him by the shirt and dragged him out the door. I shoved him.

"If you go to the police and press charges, Carly will, too and I will make sure you not only go to jail, I will fucking kill you," I said. He got in his car. I shut the door the best I could and ran over to Carly. "Are you okay?" I asked, moving the hair out of her face. Her face is so bloody and bruised, it breaks my heart. She spits out blood. "That's a stupid question, I'm sorry," I said and lifted her up bridal style. "I should've been here for you. I'm so, so sorry." I said and kissed her head. I walked to the bathroom and sat her on the toilet. I carefully took her piercings out. She winced every time. "What the fuck happened? Why was he here!?" I exclaimed.

"He came over a week ago and forced his way into my house," she croaked. "I couldn't stop him." She said, tears filling her eyes. "He-He beat me, belittled me, he made me a prisoner in my own home. He handcuffed me to the bed every night." She said. I looked down at her wrist and saw bruises around it. "Carly did he.." I trailed off. I couldn't get the words out of my mouth. If he did force himself on her, I will find him and kill him this time. "Rape me?" She asked, looking up at me. I hesitantly nodded. "Y-Yeah, he did." She said, she looked down as if she was ashamed. "I feel so dirty and gross, he did every single night, Nikki. He's the most abusive man I've ever been with." She said. "He tricked me, when we first met, he was so caring and nice and I thought that I could be happy, but after 3 months, it all changed. The first time he hurt me, we were in my kitchen and he out of nowhere started screaming at me and then he smashed his empty beer bottle on my head." She said.

I stood up straight again. "I'm going to fucking kill him," I said and turned to walk out. "Nikki, please. Just leave it alone. I'm okay now, thank you." She said. I sighed. "I'm sorry for how angry I got last time we saw each other," I said. "Don't apologize, you had every right to be mad with me." She said. "I want to shower," she said. "Let's go to my home, take a shower there. Brandi moved out, stay with me for a while. Please." I said. She smiled weakly. "You really want me to stay with you?" She asked. I nodded. "Of course, I may be mad at you. But, I want to keep you safe. I'll get over it." I said. She held onto the counter of the sink and pulled herself up.

I helped her out of the bathroom and grabbed her bags that she still had packed in the hallway and carried them for her. We got in the car and I started driving. I glanced over at her and she opened her hand up and I saw her face jewelry. I chuckled. "You needed those, hm?" I asked. She nodded and smiled a little. "Yeah, these make me Carly." She said. "Nah, it's those beautiful Starry Eyes of yours," I said. She smiled more but, winced a little. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there. If I didn't get mad and yelled at you, that wouldn't have happened." I said as I started to drive.

She shook her head. "Don't apologize or try to blame this on yourself, if I wasn't stupid and got with Vince again, we wouldn't have gotten into an argument." She said. I stopped at a red light and took a hand off the wheel and rested it on her thigh. "I'm going to keep my promise, I'm always going to protect you. This is never going to happen to you again. I will kill him the next time I see him. That's not a threat, that's a promise." I said. She smiled. "Thank you for always being here, Nikki." She said. "As I said, I'm always going to be here for you," I said and smiled at her.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🦁)