Chapter 6.

Carly's POV

I broke mine and Vince's kiss. "I mean, first he yells at me and then he almost kisses me?" I asked. "I know, he's confusing." He said quickly and kissed me again, his hands roaming over my body. I broke the kiss again. "Then! He says he misses me?!" I exclaim. "Confusing. Nikki is. We've been over this." He said and kissed me again. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed back. "What does this all mean?" I asked, breaking the kiss again. Vince sighed. "Let me guess, we aren't having sex tonight, are we?" He asked and laid next to me. "I'm sorry, I just have a lot on my mind," I said, turning and looking at Vince. "No, it's okay. I understand. You had a weird day." He said and pulled me close to him.

"You know, this wouldn't have happened if you just chose me." He said, I looked up at him and he was smirking. "You're too much." I giggled. He chuckled. "I'm just kidding, kinda." He said and winked at me. I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Nikki's married and he almost kissed me, what does this mean?" I asked him. "Well, I'm married and we do more than just kiss all the time." He said, smirking again. "Vince, I'm being serious!" I said, despite my laughter. "I'm so confused. My life has taken a turn, Nikki's back and I don't know if he really misses me or if he just felt bad because he saw Sean shove me." I said.

"Wait, that asshole Sean hurt you again?" Vince suddenly got very serious. "It's not a big deal," I shook my head. "I told that prick that if he ever laid his hands on you again, I'd kill him." He said. "Vince, seriously, it's okay," I said and gave him a smile. "Fine, I'll let it go. For this time and this time only." He said. I nodded. "I can't believe he's married," I said, changing the subject to Nikki again. "They argue all the time," Vince said. I looked over at him again. "What?" "Yeah, when I was still in the band, they argued all. the. time." He said. I frowned. "Makes me sad that he's unhappy," I said. "Then, swoop in there and get your man back!" He said. I laughed. "He's not my man anymore, he doesn't want me," I said and sat up.

"That's not true! He almost kissed you today!" Vince said, sitting up with me. I grabbed my ashtray and lit a cigarette and exhaled the smoke. "I don't know. He probably got caught up in the moment. I can't try to steal him away from Brandi, she loves him." I said. "She loves his bank account," Vince mumbled and lit a cigarette. "What?" I asked. "You should see Nikki's place. It's a mansion! You could run away from home and still be on the property!" He said. I laughed a little. "Why does he have such a big house just for him, Brandi and Gunner?" I asked. "Brandi wanted it." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows and took a drag of my cigarette. "Why?" I asked and blew the smoke out. "She's a gold digger, she dated Nikki when he was vulnerable. He just got sober, so he was trying to deal with life without being fucked up all the time, she shows up and he 'falls in love' and then they get married quickly. Nikki didn't want to be alone, he was off heroin and he was desperate to find something new to love." Vince explained.

I frowned and took a puff of my cigarette. "You think she's using him?" I asked, exhaling the smoke. "I don't think it, I know it." He replied. "I would try to tell him but, we never got along. We were never that close and he wouldn't listen to me. He thought I was just trying to ruin his and Brandi's relationship just like I ruined his and yours, as he said." Vince said. "He said that?" I asked. He nodded and took a drag from his cigarette. "Carly, Nikki does not love Brandi. He loves Gunner but, that's it. They don't love each other. Nikki didn't wanna be lonely, Brandi loves the luxurious life." He said. "I know you don't believe it, but you were the best girl for Nikki. You kept him grounded. As soon as you left, he became a full-blown addict." He added on.

I finished off my cigarette and put it in the ashtray. I didn't reply, I was letting everything I just heard sink in. "Are you alright?" Vince asked me. I looked up at him and nodded. "Yeah, yeah. Just, thinking." I said. "I don't know what to do," I said, shaking my head. "Well, sleep on it. You'll see him again tomorrow, it'll probably be an easier day." Vince said. I sighed and laid down. He laid down and pulled me close to him. "Wait, what about Sharise? She'll notice you're not home." I said. "She's out of town for the week." He said and kissed my neck. "So, I can stay overnight with you all week long." He said and kissed my neck again. I smiled. "Hey, Vince?" I asked. "Hm?" He hummed. "Can you sing to me?" I asked, smiling.

"Every damn time I stay the night I have to sing to you?" He asked. I giggled and nodded. "Yes, your voice is so soothing it puts me right to sleep," I said. He sighed. "Only for you." He said. He cleared his throat. "When she laughs, she's got the power of a child in her eyes." He started, I smiled and shut my eyes. "Ooh, when you cry now, she'll hold you like a man's suppose to be held." He sang. "I can't get into words how I feel, get it right in this song now. I had to set her free, needed a friend to come back to me." He sang. "Sing it with me," he whispered in my ear. I opened my eyes and looked at him, smiling.

"Oh, starry eyes." We sang together. "Oh, oh, starry eyes." We sang. I smiled. "Standing alone in the light you could see her cry, with a smile and a wink and a sparkle in her eye, she calmly sighed, I will be alright." I sang, I noticed the Vince stopped singing and just watched me. "Okay child, you had to take the pain of a man in the streets, you gotta let me in. Needed a friend, even just for one night." Vince sang while I laid and watched him. "Oh, starry eyes." We sang together again. He smiled and pulled me close to him and kissed me deeply. "You're such a beautiful singer, you know that?" He asked after breaking the kiss.

I got over top of him and kissed him again. "I change my mind, let's have sex tonight," I said and lifted my shirt over my head and threw it to the side, revealing my bare chest. He smirked and chuckled a little. "What changed your mind?" He asked. "You're just so sweet and make me feel so happy, it's such a turn on to me," I said. He smiled and pulled me down on his chest, our foreheads touching. "You're such a turn on to me," he whispered in my ear. I bit my lower lip and felt goosebumps run over my body. "God, you're perfect." He said and flipped me over so he was on top. Our lips connected and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

(A/N: Hm, I wonder what would happen if Nikki ever found out about Carly and Vince's relationship?🤔Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🦁)