Chapter Twenty Three- Kioku Masao

Start from the beginning

--

   "Tsunade-baa-chan! We need you in Konoha!"

   "Okay, gaki, listen to me. Firstly, dammit, stop calling me that! Secondly, I have a proposition for you. I will not return to Konoha and become Hokage, but I will consent to healing your little friend if you can master Rasengan and beat me in a fight. So, how about it? Deal?"

   "DEAL!"

--

   It's not easy for me to move. Nothing is easy anymore. 

   I'm laying flat on my back, staring up at the sky. It's crimson, with a black moon hanging overhead. I lift my arm up, tracing the shape with my fingertips. My arm drops back to my side. I felt lost. Hopeless. I'm trying to fight against the feeling, as hard as I can. Somewhere, something in the back of my mind told me that I was rapidly loosing myself, and that it was something I couldn't let happen. But how am I supposed to hold onto myself if I can't remember?

   Suddenly, a memory hits me like a sledge hammer. A blonde boy stands before me, wearing an orange and blue jumpsuit. He grins at me, giving me a thumbs up. "Don't worry, Kimi-chan! I'm gonna be Hokage, 'ttebayo! Believe it!" It fades away and I open my eyes. Was I Kimi? I think so. Now, I had a start- my name and four different faces. There was the older man with black hair, the one who was face down and probably dead, the man with gravity-defying silver hair, and the enthusiastic blonde. If I could acquire that information, couldn't I get more? I hoped so. But for now, I had to get out.

-SASU-CHAN'S POV-

   It isn't so hard for me to believe that Itachi would do that.

   In fact, it would be strange if he didn't. Spending the first seven years of my life around him and then getting to see what he was really, honestly like, completely changed my view of him. He was a cold, manipulative asshole. A horrible person, one who's life was my goal to end. 

   And I know that the only way to do that was to hate. But it wasn't always easy to hate. Especially not when I was looking down at the limp body of my team mate. The female team mate who wasn't a fan girl, one who made it clear she didn't find me attractive and did not want to be with me. That gained a little bit of my respect, or at least the acknowledgement she wasn't a bumbling idiot. Now, that didn't necessarily mean she wasn't weak. She wasn't worthless either, just not worth much. 

   So why was she having this effect on me? I didn't hate her as much as I should. I wanted to hate her with all I had, just as much as I hated the dobe, as much as I hated Itachi. But why couldn't I bring forth that hate, make it real? I don't know. I just want it to stop.

--

   I was walking. I summoned that strength up.

   At least I was moving, I tell myself. And I have recovered four faces, three names, and a title. The names were Kimi, Sasuke, and Gaara. The title was 'Five Pronged Sealing'. I wasn't sure what it was. Possibly a jutsu? It didn't matter much now. I needed to keep moving and stop dwelling upon unimportant things.

   Tsukuyomi seemed to stretch on for miles. There were no trees or plants or even solid ground. The ground swayed slightly with each of my steps, trembling beneath my feet like gel. It felt like I had been walking on for miles upon miles but not really moving anywhere. Still, I march on. I was afraid of what would happen if I just let myself waste away. This was only a genjutsu, but who knew what was happening to my body outside of the illusion? I very well could have been captured by the enemy. So I needed to get out. Perhaps summon enough chakra to shatter it, or simply weasel my way out. As long as I got out.

-IBIKI'S POV-

   She was strong.

   That was clear. Her health wasn't the best physically, but she was one of the most mentally fortified people I had ever come across. Sound of mind. I suppose that was the right way to describe it. Sure, she was unconscious from the Tsukuyomi. But I could just tell she was trying to fight it. It might take a while, but she was fighting. She lost herself in the horrors of Tsukuyomi, worked to begin orienting herself and was now struggling to break free of the illusion. I smirk down at her form. She could take care of herself.

--

   One of the only memories I could willingly recall was that of my time spent in the Tsukuyomi with Uchiha Itachi.

   I couldn't help but run this over in my head. I wasn't able to recall who he was, just his name and face. Did I know him, too? Was he dead or alive? Was he one of my friends or an enemy? I'm guessing an enemy, because what sort of friend would do this? He told me about someone when he was stabbing me over and over again with the katana. I remember, when I heard him speak the name, feeling absolutely crushed. Like my heart was shattered and my spirit gone. Why? I don't know. It seemed like such a simple name- Kioku Masao.

-KAKASHI'S POV-

   The air in the hospital room is tense. 

   There are eight people, in total, gathered within the room. There is Tsunade, Shizune, Sasuke, Naruto, Ibiki, myself, and the lone ANBU in the corner. The ANBU's eyes flicker behind the mask, watching the scene carefully. Tsunade's hands hover over the eighth person (this one unconscious upon the hospital bed), glowing faintly with green chakra. Taking note of the discrepancies, all that had been done to her. She frowned when her hands passed over Kimi's head. That worries me, though I do my best to have faith in Tsunade-sama's abilities. She was the most renowned medical ninja in all of the countries, she could surely eliminate Tsukuyomi's effects.

   Tsunade-sama leans back, eyes glued to Kimi's face. She delivers her observations swifly, mercifully. "She is scarred mentally, beyond all I've seen. However, amazingly enough, she is fighting against it. The mental damage will last, but I can heal the bulk of it and rouse her from her state of unconsciousness."

   Naruto is visibly relieved. I let out a small, reassured sigh. So, for the most part, she would be okay. That was better news than what I was expecting. And I could finally sleep well.

--

TA-DA.

The end. I apologize for how short it is, but I'll work on lengthening the chapters. Writing has been so hard for me lately, especially with all that I've been going through. I'm sorry ): I hope you enjoyed it. Dedication is not for the 130th fan, but instead someone who's given me inspiration(: I'm doing that '130th fan' dedication for another thing (that thing being part two of 'Leave', because they voted for it)!