Chapter Eighteen- Amplify

Hey, Hi, Hello.

Welcome to chapter eighteen! This chapter features Kimi's fight in the prelims for the third part. The prelims will be starting as soon as the second phase ends, like in the show, but unlike the prelims in the show I'm having Dosu fight against Chouji as the ninth match, followed by Lee versus Gaara. Enjoy the chapter, please, because I really worked hard on it. Comment and vote(: the song is 'Riot' by Three Days Grace.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Naruto. 
WARNING: Cussing, blood, flexibility, a confession and some descriptive violence. You have been warned. 

Anything in bold is important or with emphasis.
This is what memories look like.
This is what Kimi's thoughts look like.
'This is what song lyrics look like.' 

And so it starts with a smirk~

--

'If you feel so filthy, so dirty
so fucked up.
If you feel so walked on,
so painful, so pissed off
You're not the only one
Refusing to go down
So get up.' 

--

    Kakashi-sensei definitely noticed the exposed scar on my neck and arm. I know he did.

   After all of the bandages were used, there was none left over to cover my arm and neck. So it was just out in the open, there for anyone to see. It made me exceedingly uncomfortable. I shift my weight again, ignoring the searing pain in my upper back. Daichi had healed it as much as he could, but he did warn me that it could reopen and start bleeding again if I moved around too much. And he was right- I could feel a small trail of blood dripping down my back. The blood was probably seeping through the bandages and my shirt as well.

   I carefully observe the people around me with an emotionless gaze. The kids from Oto were there, unfortunately, but it looked like Zaku's arms were still disabled. I catch his gaze and offer him a smirk. His eyes narrow and he scowls at me, obviously riled up by my gaze. He looks away first, and I look at his arms. They still looked disabled, though I could be wrong. I look back to the front, trying to pay attention to what the proctor was saying. There was to be a preliminary round to get rid of a few of the kids, and they'd be starting right away. And, since there was an uneven amount of people, somebody would be unlucky enough to go twice. I hoped I wasn't that person- I was already in poor physical condition. 

--TIMESKIP--

   The arena was huge.

   I remember learning in class about other cultures, one of them being a group of people called Romans. They had arenas like this, called coliseums. Right now it was the tenth match, Lee versus Gaara. I discovered that I would be fighting the repeater, whoever that may be. Kakashi-sensei managed to get my wounds looked at by the medic nins on standby, but there was only so much they could do. They rewrapped my wounds after cleaning them, used chakra to close them and warned me not to move around a whole lot so they didn't re-open. I thought that bit of advice was pretty useless, since I was about to engage in a fight, but I didn't say anything.

   Both of my team mates already went. Sasuke fought against someone named Yoroi, from Kabuto's team, and Naruto went against Kiba. Both of them won theirs, so I was determined I would win too. No matter the cost. Two of the kids from Oto, Zaku and Kin, lost theirs but the leader Dosu won against Chouji. I really hoped I fought against anyone but Dosu.

   And the fight between Lee and Gaara is drawing to an end. My turn. My stomach churns- I'm so incredibly nervous right now. I bite the inside of my mouth and stuff my hands inside of my pocket. Kakashi-sensei looks at me from the corner of his eye. I frown, not because of the look, but because of the unfamiliar scroll that was in my pocket. I remove it from my pocket and look down at it.